Can seasonal drivers get Seniority?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not everyone has to work 16 months to get their benefits the vast majority work 12. If a persons work ethic is good enough to keep them on with the company after peak those months should be accredited bottom line. This 12 months vs 16 months isnt even the point in my "entitlement" the point is part timers MORE than earn their benefits they arent "lucky". And no thanks to pt management
Why do you earn your benefits? Because you work? You earn a check for that. The union negotiated for you to earn your benefits a year after reaching SENIORITY. You have no seniority as a seasonal. If you have a problem with that, go to your next union meeting.
Turnover inside the building is high as is. Without benefits it would be ridiculous at the wage they pay. I cant think of one person I know that would stick around if they werent offered.
Most of those people do it for the benefits AND the prospect of going FT.
Ask your inside hub guys if theyd stick around if not for the benefits if you think thats just "my opinion man".
I will ask my inside guys. But I know most of them don't give two craps because they're college students looking for beer money.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why do you earn your benefits? Because you work? You earn a check for that. The union negotiated for you to earn your benefits a year after reaching SENIORITY. You have no seniority as a seasonal. If you have a problem with that, go to your next union meeting.

Most of those people do it for the benefits AND the prospect of going FT.

I will ask my inside guys. But I know most of them don't give two craps because they're college students looking for beer money.
Bingo. It depends on where you are but the last paragraph nailed my experiences also.

Realistically ups would like most to work 3 months to 3 years then move on.

"You're a part timer be happy you get benefits" implys part timers don't earn their benefits. Regardless of seniority dates. All of this trolling and still not 1 real answer. Smh.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not everyone has to work 16 months to get their benefits the vast majority work 12. If a persons work ethic is good enough to keep them on with the company after peak those months should be accredited bottom line. This 12 months vs 16 months isnt even the point in my "entitlement" the point is part timers MORE than earn their benefits they arent "lucky". And no thanks to pt management
We all had to wait for our benefits. You must be one of those "I think I'm special" people.

He is special.
prod_img-198168.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not sure....I haven't worked in fast food in a long time. It's a possibility, though.
That's one thing I never had to do. I did landscape for 12 hour days after preload though and got a whole $10 an hour and was allowed to drive my own vehicle and burn my own gas though. No benefits though.

Out of the 15 people on my belt myself and one other guy who started as a seasonal driver will have to wait 16 months for benefits. Regardless of that between school, training and driving I've got 6 or 7 weeks prior to the Nov.1 date listed above in the article 1 section 1(b) it further states that if a seasonal employee is retained they shall be given credit for the days worked prior to nov.1. Great
I answered my own question. I thought it only pertained to a driver being retained as a driver.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Out of the 15 people on my belt myself and one other guy who started as a seasonal driver will have to wait 16 months for benefits. Regardless of that between school, training and driving I've got 6 or 7 weeks prior to the Nov.1 date listed above in the article 1 section 1(b) it further states that if a seasonal employee is retained they shall be given credit for the days worked prior to nov.1. Great
I answered my own question. I thought it only pertained to a driver being retained as a driver.

Apology accepted.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's one thing I never had to do. I did landscape for 12 hour days after preload though and got a whole $10 an hour and was allowed to drive my own vehicle and burn my own gas though. No benefits though.
They both suck....but at least fast food...you're inside in A/C. I used to hate going home smelling like fry grease though....lol