Can someone please explain.......

beach2626

The center manager decided to keep me around after peak, I have about three more weeks before I make 30 days.

THis was taken off another thread, can someone explain to the this process of ""making my 30 days""

30andout

Meaning you have to run scratch or underallowed for 30 straight days. But dont worry you will make it if they want you to.

tieguy

Banned
yep you have to qualify. Scratch is one part of it. A center manager should be riding with you to qualify you before your 30 days. Seek him out on your own to find out how you're doing and what you need to work on. If you are concerned about the job you do that will carry more weight than how many times you scratch.

fedxsux

tooner is absolutely correct. No Accidents, No late air, No Miss PU's. Do your job safe and injury free and you are in. You don't have to run scratch or beat any numbers, those numbers are way off in their favor. Just show consistency of getting better and you will have no problems.

30andout

fedxsux said:
tooner is absolutely correct. No Accidents, No late air, No Miss PU's. Do your job safe and injury free and you are in. You don't have to run scratch or beat any numbers, those numbers are way off in their favor. Just show consistency of getting better and you will have no problems.
Don't think thats true we just had a good driver disqualified because he was running LATE and our center numbers are not that tight YET.

fedxsux

Don't think thats true we just had a good driver disqualified because he was running LATE and our center numbers are not that tight YET
:ohmy:

wow!! I am very surprised to hear that. Here in my ctr, that wouldn't of happened. I know there were at least 2 drivers running about an hour over and they qualified. They tried to DQ them but our BA fought for them.

DS

Fenderbender
It totally has to do with your specific management team.
Every hub is different.I ran scratch once in 30 days when
I started at ups.The center manager told me that I proved
that I can work hard and that I was full time from then on.
Theres been a few :censored2:s in here since,seeking promotion
that`ll do anything to look good at your expense.
good luck

tieguy

Banned
double_standard said:
It totally has to do with your specific management team.
Every hub is different.I ran scratch once in 30 days when
I started at ups.The center manager told me that I proved
that I can work hard and that I was full time from then on.
Theres been a few :censored2:s in here since,seeking promotion
that`ll do anything to look good at your expense.
good luck

Idiots may be a better word. When you look at it the amount of training required to train a package driver and all that person has to learn you sell your operation short if you don't do everything possible to help that new driver become successful.

beach2626

Thanks, my sup tells me that I'm doing a great job, keep up the good work, but I'm still not getting my full 40hr work week. I worked yesterday told me that he would gurantee a full week next week.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Listen to me, in 6 months you will be wishing you worked less than 40 hours. Don't live beyond your means and be available when they call. Late air and Early AM's should provide lots of work when you are not on the schedule. Take a look at your centers vacation schedule, you will see that starting in May there will be 4 or 5 drivers off every week till September. Listen to what the Boss says and work safely!