Can the HR department be trusted ?

Jj1213

Need that full time
Just got DQ from package car and hr said they are going to look into it to see if I got fair shot. Should they be trusted or it's all the same?

QKRSTKR

No. File grievance if YOU don't think you got a fair shot. HR isn't there for you. They are window dressing, there to protect UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If it were me I would let HR do their job but would also have a grievance written and ready to go in case they are unable to get the DQ overturned.
Keep in mind that HR is UPS Management.
They will try to be independent and fair but they still report up to the District Manager.
Do as Upstate suggests.

Island

I once had an argument with HR about how they don't help me with anything. One time another employee physically attacked me and I went to HR, figuring maybe they'll care about that. Of course they didn't. They answer to my hub management, atleast here where I work. My manager ordered all the other supervisors to force me and the other guy to work side by side for two days straight and stand there and stare at us to be ready to take our badges once we fought. My deposition to HR literally almost got me fired because they'd rather fire both of us than just one of us. I happen to be a pacifist (most of the time) so they didn't get their bloodsport but next time I'm calling the federal cops for the federal land I happen to be federally cleared to federally work on. :)
I say, friend* HR.
And they've attempted to DQ me for nonsense reasons in the past as well.

Jj1213

Need that full time
I once had an argument with HR about how they don't help me with anything. One time another employee physically attacked me and I went to HR, figuring maybe they'll care about that. Of course they didn't. They answer to my hub management, atleast here where I work. My manager ordered all the other supervisors to force me and the other guy to work side by side for two days straight and stand there and stare at us to be ready to take our badges once we fought. My deposition to HR literally almost got me fired because they'd rather fire both of us than just one of us. I happen to be a pacifist (most of the time) so they didn't get their bloodsport but next time I'm calling the federal cops for the federal land I happen to be federally cleared to federally work on. :)
I say, friend* HR.
And they've attempted to DQ me for nonsense reasons in the past as well.
Dragon would have dQ you