Can the HR department be trusted ?

PT Car Washer

HR is a management position, just like any management position. They are not your High School counselors. Their job is to fill vacant jobs in the hub or center. After they have filled that spot their job is over. The Union works for you. That is what you pay dues for. Not everyone is cut out to be a driver. A lot of high seniority PTers do pretty good working PT.

Jj1213

Need that full time
I
HR is a management position, just like any management position. They are not your High School counselors. Their job is to fill vacant jobs in the hub or center. After they have filled that spot their job is over. The Union works for you. That is what you pay dues for. Not everyone is cut out to be a driver. A lot of high seniority PTers do pretty good working PT.
If I had a fair shot and failed fine then that's on me and I will know for next time. But bad on car supervision and smart :censored2: comments from management is not professional

Jj1213

Need that full time
I was just asking because the lady seemed concerned and sincere and heard me out. I know to go to the union tho

Dragon

Package Center Manager
This is about bad weather and not fair numbers. You proud of yourself those people prob better then you are

Your just a puppet

I understand your angry, however name calling will get you nothing. Won't get your driving job back and won't win you any friends here.

I will give you the weather, I have 2 in progression right now and they had a couple of rough days in the past couple of the weeks. When you punch out your DIAD at the end of the day you are telling me "here is the job I did today". If I feel you did not meet the criteria for the job or will not meet the criteria in the future I have responsibility to let you go and find the employee that will meet the criteria. I do not run the business as a social experiment.

Jj1213

Need that full time
I understand your angry, however name calling will get you nothing. Won't get your driving job back and won't win you any friends here.

I will give you the weather, I have 2 in progression right now and they had a couple of rough days in the past couple of the weeks. When you punch out your DIAD at the end of the day you are telling me "here is the job I did today". If I feel you did not meet the criteria for the job or will not meet the criteria in the future I have responsibility to let you go and find the employee that will meet the criteria. I do not run the business as a social experiment.
Not looking for friends Maybe you have a brain and realize weather does affect numbers and safety should be first but the on car I dealt with was a scumbag who laughed and said wow you picked a bad time to go driving

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Not looking for friends Maybe you have a brain and realize weather does affect numbers and safety should be first but the on car I dealt with was a scumbag who laughed and said wow you picked a bad time to go driving

Are you sure weather that affected your numbers was the only factor in your DQ?

Prior to the weather were you making the numbers to include service, complaints, no missed scans, no COD errors etc.?

How many days did you drive until they DQ'd you?

BrownDooDoo

dcc8f89b56673ba6e9566a1b33b4450d.gif

Jj1213

Need that full time

Prior to the weather were you making the numbers to include service, complaints, no missed scans, no COD errors etc.?

While I was in progression it snowed 5 times of course not everyday it snowed but the parking positions were very bad had to walk off stops in which the PCM in the morning was about walk off stops do not go down a street if you feel you can't make it
I did all of that the whole center was getting back a 9 I would be back at 8. I never had a late air or missed package serviced every package and every pick up was in compliance
Then when weather got better and snow began to melt I worked 1 day last week and had a sporh of 22 then laid off all this week until yest got dq. 23 days in

Signature Only

Blue in Brown

Don't run the business as a social experiment eh?

What of the people you report to?

You don't run anything.

You don't do anything.

You cannot initiate any meaningful action.

You do as your superiors dictate.

But you are correct in one respect. You don't run a social experiment.

You're a part of it.

BrownChoice

You don't run anything.

You don't do anything.

You're a part of it.

Dragon, do not pass Go- And do Not Collect $200.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
While I was in progression it snowed 5 times of course not everyday it snowed but the parking positions were very bad had to walk off stops in which the PCM in the morning was about walk off stops do not go down a street if you feel you can't make it
I did all of that the whole center was getting back a 9 I would be back at 8. I never had a late air or missed package serviced every package and every pick up was in compliance
Then when weather got better and snow began to melt I worked 1 day last week and had a sporh of 22 then laid off all this week until yest got dq. 23 days in

Jerzcity, from what I read from your reply I see nothing glaring or anything that would make me consider DQ you on the 23 day. I am reading one side of the story and based on that I feel you should have not been disqualified.

I wish you better luck next time around.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

You don't run anything.

You don't do anything.

You're a part of it.

There is thread on this forum titled "Why does UPS hate us so much???...you now have your answer.

Signature Only's sense of entitlement, I can talk to management any way I want cause I am in the union, I am smarter than you, I can do your job better etc. etc. brings out the hate in the buildings between management and union at UPS.

I typed out a better response to your post above but took the high road and deleted it before posting because I think you get the idea from the short reply.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Jj1213

Need that full time
No, because your attitude sucks.
Your attitude would suck to if you waited 16 years for a opportunity and then got treated like that over conditions neither I or management could control. They should have at least gave me 5 more days in good conditions to make there decision

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Your attitude would suck to if you waited 16 years for a opportunity and then got treated like that over conditions neither I or management could control. They should have at least gave me 5 more days in good conditions to make there decision
Enough of your complaining! Why do you sound so surprised?? If in the 16 years of being a PTer, you haven't realized the games that the big brown management machine can play (especially on new drivers trying to make book)...you obviously haven't been paying much attention.