Can We Be Fired For Not Coming In From Vacation?

Ron Carey lives on

These posts are getting ridiculous lately. I've been reading more than replying. Are people that uninformed and afraid? I would laugh at a sup that called me on a vacation out loud. Really? ? This company doesn't own you. You accrued a vacation, take the :censored2: , and telax

Sent using BrownCafe App

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Company has been calling me everyday to come in from vacation. made the mistake of answering phone on Monday and volunteering info that I wasn't going out of town. ( didn't go in. dispatch begged me. )

messages have been getting nastier everyday. sometimes they call 2-3 times a day. no longer answering phone.

called a reliable co worker and they said that they have threatened other drivers for not coming in off vacation if they are in town.

I work 55-60 hrs every week and look forward to my vacations. I usually stay home and take the dogs for long walks in the woods and work on my yard. I just stay home. watch Netflix and take naps.

do I have anything to worry about? dreading going back to work Monday. maybe I will call in sick, ha ha.
If it's your vacation they can't do :censored2:. If they threatened you I would file a grievance. If not just answer the phone and hang up, or just blast some music and put the phone next to the radio and leave it there.

If they call you tomorrow and harass you to come into work, say Hell yes I'll be in !

Then shut off your phone and go back to sleep.
A sickday on monday would be nice too!.....just saying, you sound a little stressed! :innocent:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They have recently posted a sign up sheet for those who would like to work their vacations from now till Tgiving.

If they are posting a signup sheet for this, then they proved they do not have a sufficient workforce.
The union hall should be buzzing like a beehive !!!!!!

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
If they are posting a signup sheet for this, then they proved they do not have a sufficient workforce.
The union hall should be buzzing like a beehive !!!!!!

Could this be related to the nationwide hiring push? Maybe the volume is going up faster than they can hire people. I'm on vacation next week and was trying to work 3 days of it to help negate the unpaid week of feeder school I'm starting on the 7th and was told they're under strict orders not to let us work vacation. Make sense pay a noob $16/hr vs paying me $33, after already paying me vacation pay!

Sent using BrownCafe App

bl04a

Hey Upstate, what I do with my vacation time and pay is my business. My son's Bahamas trip is a graduation/ going in the Marines gift. You remind me of some a..hole that has nothing better to do than hide behind a computer keyboard!

Sent using BrownCafe App

heybobby!

Company has been calling me everyday to come in from vacation. made the mistake of answering phone on Monday and volunteering info that I wasn't going out of town. ( didn't go in. dispatch begged me. )

messages have been getting nastier everyday. sometimes they call 2-3 times a day. no longer answering phone.

called a reliable co worker and they said that they have threatened other drivers for not coming in off vacation if they are in town.

I work 55-60 hrs every week and look forward to my vacations. I usually stay home and take the dogs for long walks in the woods and work on my yard. I just stay home. watch Netflix and take naps.

do I have anything to worry about? dreading going back to work Monday. maybe I will call in sick, ha ha.
Save those messages !!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hey Upstate, what I do with my vacation time and pay is my business. My son's Bahamas trip is a graduation/ going in the Marines gift. You remind me of some a..hole that has nothing better to do than hide behind a computer keyboard!

Sent using BrownCafe App
We got your back bl04a. I thank your son for putting his life on the line for my country. I would do same if I ever had a son. He is a brave man and you should be proud. Pay Dave no attention. Majority of Americans feel same as me. Glad you could give your son this gift. Much respect to you as a father , and your son as a soldier.

jaker

trolling
Just laugh at them on the phone and hang up , no caller ID needed because you have the right to your vacation AND they can not tell you what to do with it

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Im on vacation this week and I don't turn my phone on til noon because I don't feel like being bothered by anybody especially not the retarded idiots at work. If they called and called while I was on vacation( I wouldn't answer anyway) and I was dumb enough to answer the phone, id tell em to kiss my balls and quit calling me harassing me before you get sued jackazzloseridiothead lmfao.