Can you be terminated for not working Mondays during peak if you are a Tu-Sa employee?

DoYouEvenLift

542 is right. No one is helping you because at my hub there are people who have called out sick an entire week and when they show up no one says a word to them. On fridays almost 1/3rd of the hub calls in. They dont care at my hub and its surprising to hear you getting reprimanded by steward after calling in once. Honestly it's more about you showing up late.

But there also is a grace period rule here in norcal where I work, someone told me we are allowed up to 7 minutes to account for traffic etc.

But 20 times is a :censored2: load

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Hey all. Newb here. I've been an employee since Jan 15th when I was hired on permanently after peak. I worked Mondays last peak but I do not want to this peak. If I was hired for the hours of 4a-9a, how early can they "make" you come in? Also, since Christmas Eve is a Monday, am I required to work? (GA Preload)

I just met my union steward today for the first time while getting a written warning for calling out yesterday (and being 1 minute late about 20 times since hired on in Jan-but have never been reprimanded until now). At this point, I just want to finish my heaviest course loads at school for the tuition reimbursement then quit (May/June of next year).

McDonald's still hiring, just an option to do whatever you want. UPS is a little pain in the ass.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey all. Newb here. I've been an employee since Jan 15th when I was hired on permanently after peak. I worked Mondays last peak but I do not want to this peak. If I was hired for the hours of 4a-9a, how early can they "make" you come in? Also, since Christmas Eve is a Monday, am I required to work? (GA Preload)

I just met my union steward today for the first time while getting a written warning for calling out yesterday (and being 1 minute late about 20 times since hired on in Jan-but have never been reprimanded until now). At this point, I just want to finish my heaviest course loads at school for the tuition reimbursement then quit (May/June of next year).

How come you can’t make it to work on time?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
And, just for additional reference, I was told by a different supervisor that they don't care about 1 minute late unless they are being *jerks*. Also, I am a hard worker, learn quickly and excel at any task given, don't take excessive, or overly long breaks, or chat up all the other employees instead of working, or create drama. God forbid someone not feel well over 200+ days and need a day off. Jesus.

I bet you have the hardest pull in the building don’t you

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
40018BD8-594A-4845-9616-A171B943C5FD.gif
Looks like this forum isn't a viable avenue to have my question answered. I was hoping other UPS employees with more experience and immediate access to materials that may take me several days or longer to get would be willing to help me out but that doesn't appear to be the case with the majority. Good luck in all of your endeavors, whatever you may chose to do.

Heavy Package

At this point, I just want to finish my heaviest course loads at school for the tuition reimbursement then quit (May/June of next year).

Something to consider....

Since you worked peak last year, you know what to expect. It's all hands on deck until they tell you to leave if you work inside the building. You know this.

Since you want to quit next May / June, are not vested in the Pension and do not have health benefits yet, I would look for another job ASAP and quit UPS before the end of November. You can make more money with less stress and not have to worry about this issue. Plenty of PT low-wage jobs out there who will be more flexible and treat you better.

Froome

The riders to your contract are still being enforced at this time. However since we are in the process of getting a new contract all that language you currently have may no longer be vaild after Oct. 5th. If the new contract passes you will get a new supplement and it will have the information you will be seeking. Otherwise, if it doesn't pass the old supplements language will apply. So tne answer to your question is we don't know.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Something to consider....

Since you worked peak last year, you know what to expect. It's all hands on deck until they tell you to leave if you work inside the building. You know this.
That isn't how it works. If you are part-time, you aren't suddenly expected to work 12 hours a day/night just because it's peak. The company must also go by the contract when moving back start times and so on, which here is 1 hour per week. As for being on the preload, the trucks should be gone by 9-10 even on the worst peak days, so there's no reason that a part-timer can't still leave near/at their usual times.

You all are pretty weak concerning part-timers forced OT/ full-time hours when it comes to bending over for the company during peak. The contract does not allow UPS to force FT hours to people who aren't FT.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
no contract says that UPS can force full-time hours to part-timers. Contracts specifically state that UPS can change your hours, incrementally, to varying degrees depending upon the region. And also states that, in some regions (since we bid on start times and not jobs), they cannot change your start time over a certain amount before the job must be re-bid.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
no contract says that UPS can force full-time hours to part-timers.

What it does say;

Is part-timers are paid over-time after 5 hours. (depending on the supplement)

It still begs the question.... what supplement, limits the number of hours a part-timer

can be required required to work ?

Contracts specifically state that UPS can change your hours, incrementally, to varying degrees depending upon the region. And also states that, in some regions (since we bid on start times and not jobs), they cannot change your start time over a certain amount before the job must be re-bid.

Some supplements state that.

Which one are you you referring to.... that affects you ?

You are starting to sound like you don't even work at UPS.

-Bug-

MattM

I'm a tuesday-sat airport worker. I wanna say two years back on the 26th of December, they basically made us all show up to work that day. In five plus years with the company, that one Monday screwed up everyone's work and baby sitting schedules since Mondays is everyone's normal day off. I think half of us showed up. 4 day notice to boot

I do fear they'll make us work on the 24th this year. Last year, Sunday and Monday work was voluntary.

Expect the worst with UPS.