Can you get in trouble for cussing at/insulting a sup?

Indecisi0n

I've done and and nothing happened. Looking back on it now I shouldn't have went after the sup like i did but with everything that went wrong that day my blood was boiling.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
As long as your not threatening them or insulting them your good to go... Pick your words wisely and there won't be any problems..

I went off on my SUP this morning about the BS stops per car number that blows out cars and in the morning and then they throw the rest of the crap on whatever car it fits on. I told him that nobody has enough balls to do something about it and it friend-ing BS. About 11:30 I got a message for a meet point with an Air drive. HE took 15 stops of the 201 I got sent out with. Then later in the day I get a call from mu SUP he says your where a little fired up this morning you calm down yet...

Do you plan to file a grievance for the air driver doing ground work?
You bang the union drum pretty hard on this site.
I think you may have been played by your management team.

Indecisi0n

Yes Nancy.
I think he should file on the part time air driver who delivered the stops that we're intentionally over dispatched to him.

Agree 100%. Just like when sups comes out and pull my misloads "to help me" I fill everytime. In the end they do help me, Cha-Ching!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes Nancy.
I think he should file on the part time air driver who delivered the stops that we're intentionally over dispatched to him.

What if the air driver was already being paid ground rate for the day and was helping other drivers?

You would probably file over sups shuttling late air even though it is more convenient for them to do that rather than to have to come back to the building.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Let me get this straight. You want upsguy to file a grievance over the driver who was sent to help him????
It was an air driver. Not allowed to touch ground, unless he's getting top FT driver wages. They sent him to clean up the bad dispatch, not to help upsguy. It was self-serving what they did.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It was an air driver. Not allowed to touch ground, unless he's getting top FT driver wages. They sent him to clean up the bad dispatch, not to help upsguy. It was self-serving what they did.
Paying them top scale does not prohibit a full timer from filing on it.
Trust me, I have filed hundreds and made ten of thousand$ in settlements.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nice to know.:wink2:

Think about if for a second---as a 22.3 you would be the one being grieved for helping.

Back to the OP----if I ever feel that I am about to "go off" I will always ask "Can I vent for a second?". I will let off steam, we will come to a consensus and we will go on with our day.

UPSGUY72

Yes Nancy.

He was not a PT air driver he is a FT Air driver. Once he touch's a ground package he gest FT top rate driver pay for that day. You need to read Article 40 Section 1 (a)(7). If I file what I'm I filing for Him to get FT driver Pay he does once he touch's a ground package. If it where a SUP it would be different it's not...

UPSGUY72

Paying them top scale does not prohibit a full timer from filing on it.
Trust me, I have filed hundreds and made ten of thousand$ in settlements.

How do they determine the amount to give you and what is it based off or ??? I could understand if you filed on a PTimer or management person doing FT union work however. I don't see how you file on a FT Air driver help someone and get paid anything....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do they determine the amount to give you and what is it based off or ??? I could understand if you filed on a PTimer or management person doing FT union work however. I don't see how you file on a FT Air driver help someone and get paid anything....

I have to think he was filing on behalf of a laid off FT driver. If all of the available drivers were on road I would think he has no basis for a grievance.

A

anonymous6

I'm old school but don't trust anyone anymore. with women and this new crop of bean counter managers we have seen come in the last 5 years I am putting a gag in my mouth. not taking any chances.

already have been in trouble for innocent locker room talk. ( just from a person who overheard my conversation ) then she got mad when i asked her "was I speaking to you?"

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He was not a PT air driver he is a FT Air driver. Once he touch's a ground package he gest FT top rate driver pay for that day. You need to read Article 40 Section 1 (a)(7). If I file what I'm I filing for Him to get FT driver Pay he does once he touch's a ground package. If it where a SUP it would be different it's not...

I assume the fulltime air driver you refer to is a 22.3 employee.
Part time employees nor 22.3's are NOT allowed to deliver or shuttle ground packages.
Technically they are only to deliver packages that the regular driver can't service due to time committments.
Art 40 does state that if they do, they are entitled to full scale package car driver wages.
Art 40 does not give the company free gratis to use these air drivers at the increased rate as they see fit.
If they were, we would never see another new package car driver.
It is a violation and should be grieved.
I can show you a stack of grievances that would choke a goat and collection of grievance check stubs that would make you smile.
PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Think about if for a second---as a 22.3 you would be the one being grieved for helping.

Back to the OP----if I ever feel that I am about to "go off" I will always ask "Can I vent for a second?". I will let off steam, we will come to a consensus and we will go on with our day.
I'm not stupid enough to refuse gravy with my taters.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm old school but don't trust anyone anymore. with women and this new crop of bean counter managers we have seen come in the last 5 years I am putting a gag in my mouth. not taking any chances.

already have been in trouble for innocent locker room talk. ( just from a person who overheard my conversation ) then she got mad when i asked her "was I speaking to you?"[/QUOTE
I had this happen when I came there. As a young and of course a hottie 20 yrs ago in a new center, everyone was afraid of me, I was lonely far from home and had no friends, :grouphug: When I finally got brought into the fold my life improved. My talk is worse than yours, Trust me, dont hold back, and the only way you can offend me, is by being afraid you will offend me.
I hated how when I walked by, the conversation would stop. yes sexual harassent is real it exists, especially if your job is on the line because of it, and I feel bad that men have to put up with this crap. But allowing men to be men, and trying to change that when you come into a male dominated workplace just sucks IMO. I truly cannot stand women like that. If I was a guy I would be gay.