can you reapply if you were termindated?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know someone who was fired 6 months ago? Can he reapply and actually have a chance at getting hired again?

You did not provide the background information needed to give you an informed response but, based upon what you have given us, I would have to say yes, he can reapply, but Ralph Nader has a better chance of being elected President than your friend has of being rehired.

When you leave UPS you are given a rehire classification. I would imagine his is do not rehire.

drewed

Shankman
Isnt this sort of self defeating premise?
If you get canned once, what would make you think youd get hired again?
people that leave on good terms have a hard enough time getting rehired

705red

Browncafe Steward
If you were terminated, what are you smoking to think that the company that terminated you once already would hire you back. We might be hard of for employees from time to time but not this hard up!

Move on take your experience with you and grow from it, out side of ups.

kenco80233

I'd like to see someone retire and then reapply, just to see what happens.
This is a good question.I retired in 2003 from UPS,in the Central States Pension Fund.With the current financial meltdown,I wonder how long the Pension Fund will last.I have try to prepare myself for future with the possibility that I may have to apply at UPS for a job.When I retired,I felt that I left on as good a terms as anybody does that retires.I am sure that someone like myself at an older age,with a physically worn body would have an uphill battle to be considered for a job at UPS.

kenco80233

Wouldn't they lose their pension ??? Not supposed to do any teamster work if you are retired...
If your pention plan goes broke,or is reduced to the point that you can not live on it,you have to consider going back to work.You can opt out of most pension plans to work.I don't know if there are employment restrictions if your plan is taken over by the Pention Guarante Trust,however your pension is reduced a very substantial amount.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hey kenco, why not just do something that you like to supplement your income. I see guys that retired doing menial stuff at Walmart and loacl grocery stores. That's not what I mean though. How about photographer? Sell Bicycles or something. These are non union jobs that aren't boring or tedious. Just used those as examples, but there's tons to choose from. Hope you find your niche.

kenco80233

Hey kenco, why not just do something that you like to supplement your income. I see guys that retired doing menial stuff at Walmart and loacl grocery stores. That's not what I mean though. How about photographer? Sell Bicycles or something. These are non union jobs that aren't boring or tedious. Just used those as examples, but there's tons to choose from. Hope you find your niche.
I agree with you about working part-time in a job that is acceptable to the pension rules.I don't have any desire to drive again. I was wondering about the question of re-applying for employment at UPS after retiring,in the event that one of our pension funds would happen to become insolvent. Several pension fund were already in the critical funding status and with the latest financial meldown,it will much harder for them to survive.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
:laughing: I was wondering if anyone else picked up on that too.

Get real. You were fired and you actually think UPS will hire you back? I've never heard of anyone leaving on good terms and getting rehired, let alone someone that was fired.

Chev, does that include if you never made your 30 days on the preload? I mean I wasn't actually "termindated", just didn't make the cut.