Can you still remember the days?

Shiftless

Walking into work thru a gate which was just a gate to lock on the weekends from Sat afternoon till Sunday night we had no security people

Shiftless

When I retired from my outlying center. NO ONE even asked for my key to the building back??????????????

I waited awhile? Really, NO ONE wants this key back? Actually had fun with the key! I put it in my vice one day a month or so later and smashed the duck out of it! Cathartic? Maybe?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
When I retired from my outlying center. NO ONE even asked for my key to the building back??????????????

I waited awhile? Really, NO ONE wants this key back? Actually had fun with the key! I put it in my vice one day a month or so later and smashed the duck out of it! Cathartic? Maybe?
I have two ids , wait til I leave. Im going to box up my closet full of uniforms and find a return label and change the address to the corporate office.

rod

Retired 22 years

I'm sure if I hunted through some junk drawers I could come up with a key for my old building. I bet I could still open any letterbox around too.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Thank you for everything that you did. The company likely would have failed without you. Enjoy retirement.
It's true . that's one thing i don't miss is all the complaining and whining all the time. And I am having a hell of a time in retirement.

coming to the BC less and less because it's just like when i was working..........wah wah wah.......

FJO

Shiftless

When I was a pkg driver and wanted to ship my own pkg I would leave it in a designated area and that at the end of day when I returned there was an envelope of what to pay.

That all stopped when people were caught putting pkg's near a belt and people throwing them on unknowingly.

Shiftless

AH! Back in the day with electric popping doors! Front and rear. Then taken away only now its the norm on the bulk head door.

Shiftless

Micro Brakes! Throw the lever, tap the brake pedal, depending on the unit 2 to 4 seconds and without touching the pedal, full lock on the brakes! Pkg in hand going out the door!

rod

Retired 22 years
When I was a pkg driver and wanted to ship my own pkg I would leave it in a designated area and that at the end of day when I returned there was an envelope of what to pay.

That all stopped when people were caught putting pkg's near a belt and people throwing them on unknowingly.

Ha---I remember when you could just write a 6 digit number (any old number) on a package, leave it in your package car and it would be on its way. Shipped many a Christmas present that way.

rod

Retired 22 years
Micro Brakes! Throw the lever, tap the brake pedal, depending on the unit 2 to 4 seconds and without touching the pedal, full lock on the brakes! Pkg in hand going out the door!
We had a lot of fun with those micro brakes--flipping the lever on your buddies truck when he wasn't looking and watching him smash his face into the window when he hit the brakes when leaving the building.