Can you work doubles if you request too?

I'm in need of more hours, especially during peak. Last year they only gave me two and that was because a night shift supervisor asked me. I asked the full-time supervior and he said "he'll try" but to no avail.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The tendency of late has been to reduce hours. You are guaranteed 3.5 hours and from what I have read here they try to push you out the door once you are done.

If you are looking for more hours during Peak I suggest you sign up to be a driver's helper.

UPSGUY72

I'm in need of more hours, especially during peak. Last year they only gave me two and that was because a night shift supervisor asked me. I asked the full-time supervior and he said "he'll try" but to no avail.

Every is done by senority if they need people to work more than one shift they have to put a list up and senoritys rules apply. They just can't ask you to work another shift without asking everyone with more senority than you first.

My building is in complete chaos so we are double shifting employees. I don't know how it is in other buildings. But in my building half the management team have been out or are on restriction because of health issues so it's wild. Normally instead of double shifting and paying overtime ups would rather hire a new hire or simply have a part time supervisor cover the assignment. That's just the reality of the situation. Then when we file a grievance upper management points the finger and blames the fulltime supervisor.