Candidates Compared on Foreign Policy Issues

Sportello

The biggest surprise is Trump. A 'B' grade on Iran, Russia and Syria. I'd say the scoring is skewed. No China on the list? Are they not considered 'foreign' anymore? Is their minority stake in America enough to be considered a 'domestic' partner ;)

The American Conservative is not my usual 'go to source'. Are they somewhat intelligent and reasonable?

newfie

The biggest surprise is Trump. A 'B' grade on Iran, Russia and Syria. I'd say the scoring is skewed. No China on the list? Are they not considered 'foreign' anymore? Is their minority stake in America enough to be considered a 'domestic' partner ;)

The American Conservative is not my usual 'go to source'. Are they somewhat intelligent and reasonable?

Tieguy I imagine this source anything but conservative.

wkmac

That will depend on the POV of the person who makes that judgement in the first place. Newfie is correct on one point. From his POV of what is a conservative and today calls itself conservative, the paleo-cons (see paleo-conservative) at TAC are anything but conservative.

From Newfie's use of the term conservative, I would agree with his assessment completely made in his post. That also in itself might prove constructive in answering your question above as well. ;)

As to their foreign policy list, like all such lists, it's subjective.

As to TAC generally, take a cruise through and having seen the film "Taken for a Ride" checkout some of the articles under the heading "New Urbanism" as you might be surprised at the POV's offered from something that calls itself conservative.