Car Dealership Using "Kids" to Teach New Car Owners

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have you ever been told that if you are having problems learning new technology that you should ask a 12 year old? It seems that a car dealership in Quincy, MA, has taken this to heart. Quirk Motors has hired 16-17 year old young adults to walk new car owners through all of the features of their new vehicles. They are paid $11/hr and must go through Ford Certified Training. Their grades are monitored and their hours are cut if their grades have fallen. The response to this has been overwhelmingly positive; in fact, there was one older gentleman who had initially resisted----"You're just a kid, what can you show me?"----and later thanked his consultant.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...ens-help-buyers-learn-how-to-use-car-features

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Have you ever been told that if you are having problems learning new technology that you should ask a 12 year old? It seems that a car dealership in Quincy, MA, has taken this to heart. Quirk Motors has hired 16-17 year old young adults to walk new car owners through all of the features of their new vehicles. They are paid $11/hr and must go through Ford Certified Training. Their grades are monitored and their hours are cut if their grades have fallen. The response to this has been overwhelmingly positive; in fact, there was one older gentleman who had initially resisted----"You're just a kid, what can you show me?"----and later thanked his consultant.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...ens-help-buyers-learn-how-to-use-car-features
How about just make cars without all this crap and make them affordable.

rod

Retired 22 years
I gave up on my wife vs. technology thing. She can learn how to do something and two days later draws a complete blank. Luckily we only live about 8 miles from the dealership so I just send her back there for retraining. (Poor salesman).

clean hairy

My wifes car sends an email when it is due for service.
Also sends an email if you accidentally push the panic button on the remote.
The low tire light is good to have, as over the years she was able to get it checked out due to a minor leak.