Career options after 1 year in memphis express/Rant

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Thanks, pal. If you were smart, you'd join me, but you aren't, so you won't. Keep trying to build that FedEx"career", OK. Given the life expectancy of the average manager, it's probably time for you to get canned anyway. So keep on believing that Purple Promise crap, and see where it gets you. If you're good under the desk, maybe you'll get promoted instead.

Hang on... did you make absolutely no career progress because you were too lazy to try or because you tried but just couldn't cut it? Which is it?

I notice that "under the desk" is a common motif of your posts. Where there's smoke, I suppose there's fire ;)

vantexan

Hang on... did you make absolutely no career progress because you were too lazy to try or because you tried but just couldn't cut it? Which is it? I notice that "under the desk" is a common motif of your posts. Where there's smoke, I suppose there's fire ;)

So if we choose to remain couriers we're lazy? I've only met one mgr that I believe could've kept up
with me. It's a curious position to take that couriers are lazy, lack ambition when the mission of this company is to pick up and deliver pkgs. Do you despise couriers?

59 Dano

So if we choose to remain couriers we're lazy? I've only met one mgr that I believe could've kept up
with me. It's a curious position to take that couriers are lazy, lack ambition when the mission of this company is to pick up and deliver pkgs. Do you despise couriers?

The post was directed at one person who made remarks about careers and career options. Perhaps you should have read it before replying.

59 Dano

Oh I did, and your disdain for our job came through loud and clear.

My disdain was directed toward one particular person's attitude about his own plight and his attitude about the career paths chosen by others. He wants to take shots at people who chose a different career path and found success with it. He's bitter and unhappy with his profession so I asked him if it was from a lack of effort or a lack of ability. But feel free to take it personally for no reason if that floats your boat.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The post was directed at one person who made remarks about careers and career options. Perhaps you should have read it before replying.

Most of us aren't willing to get down on our knees for a "promotion" You are. Better get some new Chapstick. My personal code of ethics prohibits me from taking advantage of others or profiting from their misery. Your doesn't.

59 Dano

Most of us aren't willing to get down on our knees for a "promotion" You are. Better get some new Chapstick. My personal code of ethics prohibits me from taking advantage of others or profiting from their misery. Your doesn't.

Is that how you rationalize your shortcomings and the success of others? The only people I've ever known with that attitude were bitter failures.

We know that you're bitter...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is that how you rationalize your shortcomings and the success of others? The only people I've ever known with that attitude were bitter failures.

We know that you're bitter...

I may be bitter, but I'm not a failure. Those with shortcomings at FedEx tend to gravitate toward management. I've been approached many times to take on a management position, and I've always refused because I won't compromise my ethics or short-change my family. I make my real money elsewhere.

59 Dano

I may be bitter, but I'm not a failure. Those with shortcomings at FedEx tend to gravitate toward management. I've been approached many times to take on a management position, and I've always refused because I won't compromise my ethics or short-change my family. I make my real money elsewhere.

If you were half as sincere about improving things in some way as you'd like us to believe, you would have been eager to take the reigns. You're the biggest mouth around when it comes to the state of the company, yet you won't step up when offered the chance?

Coward.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you were half as sincere about improving things in some way as you'd like us to believe, you would have been eager to take the reigns. You're the biggest mouth around when it comes to the state of the company, yet you won't step up when offered the chance?

Coward.

Go ahead, call names. But trying to change the state of FedEx as a manager is like trying to empty an ocean with a teaspoon. You're kidding yourself if you think local management has any power other than that of enforcing the policy dictates from Memphis. That's one of the first things that new managers learn, and that's the fact that they are meaningless drones that just carry out instructions from Hive HQ. I've seen a few make some great suggestions, only to be shown the door at first opportunity. Creative thinking at the corporate level is also deadly, and I've known a few of the high and mighty to get canned for daring to do something different, especially when it comes to the treatment of frontline employees.

"Work as Directed" also applies to management at the lower levels. Once again, you are talking, but making no sense at all. Keep working on it.