Celebrities Taken Away by COVID-19

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Celebrities who have died from the coronavirus and COVID-19 complications

Joe Diffie, 61

Country singer
Joe Diffie, who had a string of hits in the 1990s with chart-topping ballads and honky-tonk singles like “Home” and “Pickup Man,” died March 29. He was 61.

Diffie announced two days prior that he had contracted the coronavirus, becoming the first country star to go public with such a diagnosis. Diffie’s publicist Scott Adkins confirmed that the singer died in Nashville, Tenn., due to complications from COVID-19.

The Tulsa, Okla., native was a member of the Grand Ole Opry for more than 25 years. His hits included “Honky Tonk Attitude,” “Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox (If I Die),” “Bigger Than the Beatles” and “If the Devil Danced (In Empty Pockets).”

This is my favorite song by Joe and my 82 year old buddy from Philly thought this song was hilarious. This video is just as funny!
When
was the last time you saw a mullet like that?

Well I ain't afraid of dying it's the thought of being dead
I want to go on being me once my eulogy's been read
Don't spread my ashes out to sea don't lay me down to rest
You can put my mind at ease if you fill my last request
Prop me up beside the jukebox if I die!

Last edited:

Total package

We can rebuild him
Celebrities who have died from the coronavirus and COVID-19 complications

Joe Diffie, 61

Country singer
Joe Diffie, who had a string of hits in the 1990s with chart-topping ballads and honky-tonk singles like “Home” and “Pickup Man,” died March 29. He was 61.

Diffie announced two days prior that he had contracted the coronavirus, becoming the first country star to go public with such a diagnosis. Diffie’s publicist Scott Adkins confirmed that the singer died in Nashville, Tenn., due to complications from COVID-19.

The Tulsa, Okla., native was a member of the Grand Ole Opry for more than 25 years. His hits included “Honky Tonk Attitude,” “Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox (If I Die),” “Bigger Than the Beatles” and “If the Devil Danced (In Empty Pockets).”

This is my favorite song by Joe and my 82 year old buddy from Philly thought this song was hilarious. This video is just as funny!
When
was the last time you saw a mullet like that?

Well I ain't afraid of dying it's the thought of being dead
I want to go on being me once my eulogy's been read
Don't spread my ashes out to sea don't lay me down to rest
You can put my mind at ease if you fill my last request
Prop me up beside the jukebox if I die!