Central States Pension has been saved.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just a friendly reminder to all of the Trump supporters in the Central States Pension Plan; every single Republican in Congress voted against pension relief. Let us all be grateful that Biden can sign this into law.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Just a friendly reminder to all of the Trump supporters in the Central States Pension Plan; every single Republican in Congress voted against pension relief. Let us all be grateful that Biden can sign this into law.

This will be huge if it can pass as well.

soberups

This will be huge if it can pass as well.
Unfortunately the GQP will veto it. But at least we can force them to vote on it now and go on the record against unions instead of just having the bill die on McConnell’s desk.
The only reason we got pension relief was because they could put it into a budget reconciliation bill that only requires a simple majority to pass.

Overpaid Union Thug

Unfortunately the GQP will veto it. But at least we can force them to vote on it now and go on the record against unions instead of just having the bill die on McConnell’s desk.
The only reason we got pension relief was because they could put it into a budget reconciliation bill that only requires a simple majority to pass.
They didn’t vote against the pension relief. Maybe it should be pushed through separately instead of attached to a bill that consists mostly of pork and wasteful spending for other countries? I’m all for saving pensions but the other 90% of that bill is pure garbage. This is the same old game political hacks play. Attaching something most people want to a bill (that has nothing to do with it) and pointing fingers at the opposition when they vote the bill down for what it really is. Like when democrats attach defense spending (pay for our military) to something they know damn well that republicans will vote down only so they can claim republicans are against paying our military. LMFAO. What a bunch of clowns.

Last edited:

soberups

They didn’t vote against the pension relief. Maybe it should be pushed through separately instead of attached to a bill that consists mostly of pork and wasteful spending for other countries? I’m all for saving pensions but the other 90% of that bill is pure garbage. This is the same old game political hacks play. Attaching something most people want to a bill (that has nothing to do with it) and pointing fingers at the opposition when they vote the bill down for what it really is. Like when democrats attach defense spending (pay for our military) to something they know damn well that republicans will vote down only so they can claim republicans are against paying our military. LMFAO. What a bunch of clowns.
They had 4 years under Trump to pass a stand alone bill and they did nothing.
The only reason the Dems attached it to the covid bill was to pass it via budget reconciliation which only requires a simple majority. If it had been a stand-alone bill, the GQP would have vetoed it. If the GQP still controlled the Senate it would have died on McConnell’s desk without ever going up for a vote.
If the GQP wanted to pass it and not everything else they could have simply asked for it to be a stand-alone bill.

Maybe it should be pushed through separately instead of attached to a bill that consists mostly of pork and wasteful spending for other countries? I’m all for saving pensions but the other 90% of that bill is pure garbage. This is the same old game political hacks play. Attaching something most people want to a mega bill (that has nothing to do with it) and pointing fingers at the opposition when they vote the bill down for what it really is.
Pension relief was most of the pork and wasteful spending the GOP was talking about.

542thruNthru

Exactly! Pathetic. The leeches will throw out every anti-Trump, anti-GOP comment imaginable, but will NEVER answer this simple question....

Why the friend should my taxes go towards any pension fund that I am not benefiting from?
giphy-86.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

They had 4 years under Trump to pass a stand alone bill and they did nothing.
The only reason the Dems attached it to the covid bill was to pass it via budget reconciliation which only requires a simple majority. If it had been a stand-alone bill, the GQP would have vetoed it. If the GQP still controlled the Senate it would have died on McConnell’s desk without ever going up for a vote.
If the GQP wanted to pass it and not everything else they could have simply asked for it to be a stand-alone bill.
That’s allot of assumptions but the argument of why tax payers should bailout failing pensions is valid. But, personally, I’d rather send my money to an American pension fund bailout than to more government waste projects and foreign countries.
But I must ask....since you’ve blamed republicans for not taking action for four years....where was Obama/Biden during their two terms?

Last edited:

Exactly! Pathetic. The leeches will throw out every anti-Trump, anti-GOP comment imaginable, but will NEVER answer this simple question....

Why the friend should my taxes go towards any pension fund that I am not benefiting from?
Because giving it to AIG, Goldman Sachs, etc. hasn’t worked

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

You should be happy this gets Corporate Atlanta off the hook...

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

Like was explained in another thread it just gives money to the government pension guarantee fund

soberups

That’s allot of assumptions but the argument of why tax payers should bailout failing pensions is valid. But, personally, I’d rather send my money to an American pension fund bailout than to more government waste projects and foreign countries.
But I must ask....since you’ve blamed republicans for not taking action for four years....where was Obama/Biden during their two terms?
They were in the White House, but the GQP controlled the Senate and would have vetoed any sort of pension relief.

soberups

Because you are a UPS employee and therefore a member of the IBT which negotiates your wages and benefits. We are collectively in a stronger bargaining position if our Central States members have a solvent pension fund.