Central STATES SUPPLMENT (Concession)

Whereistheunion

(a) dishonesty; Failure to follow methods, procedures, instructions and/or an employee’s
failure to accurately recall details during an investigatory interview shall not by itself be
considered dishonesty. Does this mean I get fired for not grabbing handrail, honking horn at every stop picking wrong last name in diad. Feet in every pkg picture I take. Yes it does

Whereistheunion

(a) dishonesty; Failure to follow methods, procedures, instructions and/or an employee’s
failure to accurately recall details during an investigatory interview shall not by itself be
considered dishonesty. Does this mean I get fired for not grabbing handrail, honking horn at every stop picking wrong last name in diad. Feet in every pkg picture I take. Yes it does
This language was added to discharge suspension section.

twotwofour

Its weird language. "By itself" implies they want to terminate for methods or not following trace, but need something else.
By itself should be replaced by "never be considered dishonesty"

542thruNthru

You're not very good at reading contract language.

Geezus, these are the people that Sean O'Brien stole our contractual pension money for!?!? If the trustees are anything like this guy no wonder the plan is always failing.

Cowboy Mac

You're not very good at reading contract language.

Geezus, these are the people that Sean O'Brien stole our contractual pension money for!?!? If the trustees are anything like this guy no wonder the plan is always failing.
I don’t think they stole your pension money, they just gave it back to UPS. As far as I can tell they didn’t change the IBT-UPS contributions at all.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
There's already another thread about this same thing.
SHALL NOT, it says shall not.

DOK

I don’t think they stole your pension money, they just gave it back to UPS. As far as I can tell they didn’t change the IBT-UPS contributions at all.
They may have not changed the contributions but they increased central states monthly benefit, correct? And doesn’t ups pay that benefit?
Only asking because I don’t know how the central states plan works.

542thruNthru

Wait let me make sure I got this right. You don't Sean moved the money to somewhere else. You think he just gave it back to UPS? Lol that's even worse then!!

Cowboy Mac

They may have not changed the contributions but they increased central states monthly benefit, correct? And doesn’t ups pay that benefit?
Only asking because I don’t know how the central states plan works.

Wait let me make sure I got this right. You don't Sean moved the money to somewhere else. You think he just gave it back to UPS? Lol that's even worse then!!
It is worse.

This video goes into detail on the pension. If they are correct, and if I’m understanding them correctly, certain over funded pensions will have reduced contributions. The under funded pension’s contribution rate will stay the same.

Makes no sense at all and is completely concessionary for the guys in the west.

moldsporh

I read this as "failure to follow methods SHALL NOT by itself be considered dishonesty."

Does not remove the blanket policy of failure to follow methods though...still not sure of your point.