CEO Carol Tomé was an outsider hired to whip UPS into shape for the age of e-commerce. Some insiders and lifers worry she’s killing the company.

Whither

Scofflaw
Strike or no strike do you think they're ever going to treat you with respect and dignity? Ain't going to happen.
We could make the situation better already if we had stronger contract enforcement among the rank and file. My stew let me know that my Art 37 grievance caught mgmt's attention. They basically asked him if he could persuade me to retract it. We both had a good chuckle about that.

I would never expect mgmt to be capable of following the rules, let alone treating us with dignity and respect at all times. But we can do better at holding them accountable, and it has to start on the shop floor. And the more of us that enforce the contract, the better off we all are.

Off the leash

We could make the situation better already if we had stronger contract enforcement among the rank and file. My stew let me know that my Art 37 grievance caught mgmt's attention. They basically asked him if he could persuade me to retract it. We both had a good chuckle about that.

I would never expect mgmt to be capable of following the rules, let alone treating us with dignity and respect at all times. But we can do better at holding them accountable, and it has to start on the shop floor. And the more of us that enforce the contract, the better off we all are.
Your 100% correct. But we have too many runners and ass kissers. Always have but worse today. If we stick together we’re unbeatable. That’s what union means!