CEO Carol Tomé was an outsider hired to whip UPS into shape for the age of e-commerce. Some insiders and lifers worry she’s killing the company.

tourists24

You don't cross a picket line.
And if you do you'll be shunned by your co-workers for the rest of your career and management will never respect you because they know you're a big giant friend* pusillanimous
In 97 we had 2 drivers cross the picket line. They were never respected again. Both of them were fired within 2 years also

Whither

Scofflaw
Honestly I put that signature after the numerous times that I read online and heard the younger driver's in my building say in not so many words that they want to strike to teach the company and management a lesson for how they are treated.

Want to teach the company and management a lesson by becoming a by the book driver or holding the company to the contract then great. I'll work tirelessly to help you do it.

Want to teach the company and management a lesson by rooting for a strike just because you want to see them suffer... well then you might want to read my signature.

I would hope most on here know me well enough to know that I'll fight the company and stand with my brothers and sisters all day everyday but there seems to be a growing faction in our ranks that want to just stick it to the company because it will make them feel better and that's dangerous.

I was not around in 97 but hearing from people on here and at my work. The strike didn't make the company or management leary of how they treat us. It made them worse. We want better working conditions then it's something we need to propose, fight for and make sure our leadership knows it's a *ing must that we are not willing to overlook.

Anyways it's been a long day and I really don't know how to end this rant because I can't seem to put all my thoughts together. I'll just end it with I'm not afraid to strike I'm just afraid we're going to do it for the wrong reasons and many will suffer greatly for it.
I'm sorry if my post came across as challenging your willingness to enforce the contract and hold the company accountable. I don't have a doubt in my mind about that, brother!

Thank you for the response. I fully agree. Vengeance alone won't cut it. Probably the hardest part of the fight is getting our brothers and sisters to grow stronger backbones and to take the time to actually study the book.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
That's what they said it 97. We can't handle our volume now fully staffed. No way you can do it in a strike. As far as crossing the picket line, good luck doing that.

They vastly overestimate how competent the PVDs are. Try dynamic Orion in a blown out Honda Civic. Lol. Yes it would hurt us in a strike and something needs to be done about the rampant PVDs. But there is no way in hell PVDs could move even half of the volume even if they hired back every PVD from peak and then some. They would need scabs in package cars.

Karma...

With the new teamster and ups management perhaps the old confrontational way of contract negotiations will change to a more flexible way so that both members can continue making great money and great benefits....Its best not to kill the golden gooses......The teamsters should also take the low percentage of its members voting in all elections as an indicator of its poor strength ...The % of union people has been steadily reduced..Why is that ?......Unions are becoming irrelevant. Its only a matter of time hen the North East states become R.T.W. states and then the Western states.......Consider the failures of the unions to organize Amazon and Federal Express.........Not many companies will hire union people due to the stigma....Ups management people have no problem getting jobs with other companies.....

Off the leash

With the new teamster and ups management perhaps the old confrontational way of contract negotiations will change to a more flexible way so that both members can continue making great money and great benefits....Its best not to kill the golden gooses......The teamsters should also take the low percentage of its members voting in all elections as an indicator of its poor strength ...The % of union people has been steadily reduced..Why is that ?......Unions are becoming irrelevant. Its only a matter of time hen the North East states become R.T.W. states and then the Western states.......Consider the failures of the unions to organize Amazon and Federal Express.........Not many companies will hire union people due to the stigma....Ups management people have no problem getting jobs with other companies.....
Northeast will never become RTW. Dems have strangle hold there

Off the leash

I agree with what your saying for the most part.

Off the leash

I'm sorry if my post came across as challenging your willingness to enforce the contract and hold the company accountable. I don't have a doubt in my mind about that, brother!

Thank you for the response. I fully agree. Vengeance alone won't cut it. Probably the hardest part of the fight is getting our brothers and sisters to grow stronger backbones and to take the time to actually study the book.
Maybe an app about the contract and the rights they have.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Lol on last sentence.

Karma...

One of my many points is that the union(s) should organize amongst and between themselves.....remember...in unity there is strength and power.......currently they are fragmented and although somewhat strong could be much stronger or be perceived as such.......power perceived is power realized......this would help prevent strikes where the membership rank and file suffers.....the union management never suffer........no accountability......

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Honestly I put that signature after the numerous times that I read online and heard the younger driver's in my building say in not so many words that they want to strike to teach the company and management a lesson for how they are treated.

Want to teach the company and management a lesson by becoming a by the book driver or holding the company to the contract then great. I'll work tirelessly to help you do it.

Want to teach the company and management a lesson by rooting for a strike just because you want to see them suffer... well then you might want to read my signature.

I would hope most on here know me well enough to know that I'll fight the company and stand with my brothers and sisters all day everyday but there seems to be a growing faction in our ranks that want to just stick it to the company because it will make them feel better and that's dangerous.

I was not around in 97 but hearing from people on here and at my work. The strike didn't make the company or management leary of how they treat us. It made them worse. We want better working conditions then it's something we need to propose, fight for and make sure our leadership knows it's a *ing must that we are not willing to overlook.

Anyways it's been a long day and I really don't know how to end this rant because I can't seem to put all my thoughts together. I'll just end it with I'm not afraid to strike I'm just afraid we're going to do it for the wrong reasons and many will suffer greatly for it.
Strike or no strike do you think they're ever going to treat you with respect and dignity? Ain't going to happen.