Cesspool

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You made some really unnecessary leaps there.
I don’t want the us to get destroyed. I have hope that we can get our sh** together enough to make it another few hundred years before we go Rome.
I’m not suggesting, nor did I suggest in op, that the ONLY way for things to get better is if half the population die in a cataclysmic event. Nor did I encourage anybody to go to the beach.
I think, from A BIG PICTURE standpoint, that we collectively need to stop investing so much into such trivial bs.
I DO suggest that this would improve our general well being and create the opportunity for us to to improve physical commerce and specifically social understanding, which is sorely lacking in 2020 USA.
I DO suggest that the majority of those engaged in trivial political discussions are really not doing anything to improve the situation.
“Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining.” –Teddy Roosevelt
I don’t know how we demand a better candidate, man. I wish I did. But I know somewhere along the line we dropped the ball big time. WE. That’s Americans. Not this party or that party. We don’t collectively take responsibility because we are too divided.

The "leaps" I made were all supported by what you wrote. But to get to the heart of the matter, if you feel that division is the reason we don't take responsibility, what are some ways you would suggest that we promote unity?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just found this video, I think it sums things up pretty well. I generally try my best to keep things civil in my discourse. I don't think people who disagree with me are idiots, and I always try to assume that they know something I don't. Sometimes I do have to provoke people a little to draw out the good stuff.

Serf

Everybody hates each other and argues over what they saw on the morning news; which escalates into rioting and civil unrest because we can’t keep a good perspective and be thankful for what we have for longer than 30 seconds.
If diversity was our strength it would be self evident, instead of being hammered over the head with hollow epitaphs.