Cesspool

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
America is an overpopulated cesspool full of complete morons who go out of their way to pick the most trivial issues to fight over.
It’s not a liberal problem, it’s not a conservative problem. It’s an American problem. We suck ass. We’ll probably suck ass until a giant rock from space takes out half the population. Or until Yellowstone erupts. Or until a nuke from China reminds us of what’s important.
Everybody hates each other and argues over what they saw on the morning news; which escalates into rioting and civil unrest because we can’t keep a good perspective and be thankful for what we have for longer than 30 seconds.
Do you have a good job?
Are you financially stable? (If you’re not, you need to play the game and figure out what you need to do to get there).
Do you have people that you love and love you back?
Do you not have access to unlimited recreation?
Don’t you eat gluttonous, delicious food whenever you want?
Then stop complaining. Stop it. Stop being a little bitch. Stop fighting. Your political affiliation, whatever it may be, contributes just as much to the destruction of America as the side you attack.
Focus on what’s directly in front of you. Live in the moment. Revel in the opportunity to sacrifice your time for the ability to achieve financial and recreational goals. Enjoy each day and the chance to be alive and take your brain wherever you want to go.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
America is an overpopulated cesspool full of complete morons who go out of their way to pick the most trivial issues to fight over.
It’s not a liberal problem, it’s not a conservative problem. It’s an American problem. We suck ass. We’ll probably suck ass until a giant rock from space takes out half the population. Or until Yellowstone erupts. Or until a nuke from China reminds us of what’s important.
Everybody hates each other and argues over what they saw on the morning news; which escalates into rioting and civil unrest because we can’t keep a good perspective and be thankful for what we have for longer than 30 seconds.
Do you have a good job?
Are you financially stable? (If you’re not, you need to play the game and figure out what you need to do to get there).
Then stop complaining. Stop it. Stop being a little bitch. Stop fighting. Your political affiliation, whatever it may be, contributes just as much to the destruction of America as the side you attack.
Focus on what’s directly in front of you. Live in the moment. Revel in the opportunity to sacrifice your time for the ability to achieve financial and recreational goals. Enjoy each day and the chance to be alive and take your brain wherever you want to go.
It’s not the commies that are destroying America that’s destroying America. It’s you arguing with them about destroying America!

cmon my guy, if you don’t have the stomach for it take a back seat. We are going to make America great.

We are going to make America great.
F162E014-FAA7-457D-B8BF-838C3E6E143F.jpeg

It will be fine

Really??? Shoot. In that case, let’s argue about whether or not trump is a good president, or the merits of wearing a mask during Covid.
That should fix things
Many people would answer no to the questions you asked. Do they have the right to seek redress of their grievances from their government?

Many people would answer no to the questions you asked. Do they have the right to seek redress of their grievances from their government?
We have the right to demand a higher quality candidate. We choose not to. Then act surprised when we get bent over. We are good at playing the victim.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We have the right to demand a higher quality candidate. We choose not to. Then act surprised when we get bent over. We are good at playing the victim.

So, America is a cesspool, half of everyone should be wiped out, let's all bbq and go skiing at the lake? Ok.

How are we supposed to demand better candidates if we are focused on what's in front of us? Which is it, narrow focus on the things we should be grateful for, or larger perspective on big picture stuff?

So, America is a cesspool, half of everyone should be wiped out, let's all bbq and go skiing at the lake? Ok.

How are we supposed to demand better candidates if we are focused on what's in front of us? Which is it, narrow focus on the things we should be grateful for, or larger perspective on big picture stuff?
Why are you making me choose between the two? Unnecessary. Balance is the key.

vantexan

Do you have a good job?
Stop telling me what to do. Go back to Europe if you don't like it. :)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why are you making me choose between the two? Unnecessary. Balance is the key.

I wasn't asking you to choose, I was asking for clarification. In your OP you state a very unbalanced, extreme, opinion of the United States being an "overpopulated cesspool". You support this by offering more highly subjective, overly simplistic and extremely generalized views about people sucking ass because they argue over what they watch on the morning news. You suggest that the only way that this might ever change is if half the population dies in some cataclysmic event.

But then you change course and suggest that maybe we won't suck so much ass if we just focus on the simple pleasures of life, in contrast to fighting over the big picture ideas that we believe in.

Stop being a little bitch. Stop fighting. Your political affiliation, whatever it may be, contributes just as much to the destruction of America as the side you attack.

This doesn't seem to leave a lot of leeway for a balanced approach to life, enjoying the little things and caring about big picture political issues.

Then you throw this out there:

Then you act like I'm giving you an ultimatum because I point out the obvious contradictions in your own thoughts. How do you suggest we demand a better candidate? How do you suggest we come to a consensus on what a better candidate is? If you think America will be less of a cesspool if people spend more time at the beach, and less time engaged in debate over timely issues, then how, exactly, do we go about getting better representatives to choose from?

You seem very conflicted. I am just trying to understand what it is you actually mean.

You suggest that the only way that this might ever change is if half the population dies in some cataclysmic event.

But then you change course and suggest that maybe we won't suck so much ass if we just focus on the simple pleasures of life, in contrast to fighting over the big picture ideas that we believe in.

This doesn't seem to leave a lot of leeway for a balanced approach to life, enjoying the little things and caring about big picture political issues.

Then you throw this out there:

Then you act like I'm giving you an ultimatum because I point out the obvious contradictions in your own thoughts. How do you suggest we demand a better candidate? How do you suggest we come to a consensus on what a better candidate is? If you think America will be less of a cesspool if people spend more time at the beach, and less time engaged in debate over timely issues, then how, exactly, do we go about getting better representatives to choose from?

You seem very conflicted. I am just trying to understand what it is you actually mean.
You made some really unnecessary leaps there.
I don’t want the us to get destroyed. I have hope that we can get our sh** together enough to make it another few hundred years before we go Rome.
I’m not suggesting, nor did I suggest in op, that the ONLY way for things to get better is if half the population die in a cataclysmic event. Nor did I encourage anybody to go to the beach.
I think, from A BIG PICTURE standpoint, that we collectively need to stop investing so much into such trivial bs.
I DO suggest that this would improve our general well being and create the opportunity for us to to improve physical commerce and specifically social understanding, which is sorely lacking in 2020 USA.
I DO suggest that the majority of those engaged in trivial political discussions are really not doing anything to improve the situation.
“Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining.” –Teddy Roosevelt
I don’t know how we demand a better candidate, man. I wish I did. But I know somewhere along the line we dropped the ball big time. WE. That’s Americans. Not this party or that party. We don’t collectively take responsibility because we are too divided.

vantexan

You made some really unnecessary leaps there.
I don’t want the us to get destroyed. I have hope that we can get our sh** together enough to make it another few hundred years before we go Rome.
I’m not suggesting, nor did I suggest in op, that the ONLY way for things to get better is if half the population die in a cataclysmic event. Nor did I encourage anybody to go to the beach.
I think, from A BIG PICTURE standpoint, that we collectively need to stop investing so much into such trivial bs.
I DO suggest that this would improve our general well being and create the opportunity for us to to improve physical commerce and specifically social understanding, which is sorely lacking in 2020 USA.
I DO suggest that the majority of those engaged in trivial political discussions are really not doing anything to improve the situation.
“Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining.” –Teddy Roosevelt
I don’t know how we demand a better candidate, man. I wish I did. But I know somewhere along the line we dropped the ball big time. WE. That’s Americans. Not this party or that party. We don’t collectively take responsibility because we are too divided.
That's fair but a lot of us are concerned that there's a segment of the Left who are going way beyond standing up for the little guy. They want to completely reorder society in how everything is conducted. Much of what they advocate would bankrupt the country and rob people of incentives to create and produce. This path is well trodden in much of the world and is proven to not work. We may not like the arguing and bickering but it's a necessary evil. Many of us believe if we just allow all of this to happen it will destroy the country. That's not hyperbole. There's a lot of dissatisfaction with our current system and that's boiling over. But it's a system worth saving and improving, not discarding in the name of social justice. The day is coming when automation and artificial intelligence will displace millions and we're already there with Covid-19. We better figure out what does work and build on that rather than let anger tear us apart.