CF

W

whatsthetune

The rumor mill has us buying the remnants of CF on the cheap to fill the freight hole in our service offerings. Think about it...rusty buildings, old equipment, low margins, customers already bailed, demoralized employees. Billions to get them to UPS standards. We could replay the debacle of hiring all the Eastern and Braniff misfits of the 80's!!!

I hope we have more sense. We have Logistics, which won't mean more high-paid truck drivers to limit our future earnings and threaten our customers every X years.

But then again, Mike didn't ask me my opinion.

P

peacock71

CNF not CF...mucho better.

Go UPS!
P71
icon45.gif

T

tieguy

I don't see it. My understanding buy the company buy the debt. I don't see us doing that. I don't even see us buying the equipment. the trailers they have on a lot near us look like they are in terrible shape.

L

longups

whatsthetune, good post, but while I was with UPS for the last 34 years (retired now) I have heard this about CNF every 2 or 3 years. It falls into the same area as a new retirement plan for managers, going public, a new ERO, or buying FredEx. Ain't gona happen. But then again we went public!

O

over9five

"which won't mean more high-paid truck drivers to limit our future earnings ...."

Cha Ching! Cha Ching!! (and all I do is drive a truck. Ill take all they have!!! Life is good!!!)

W

whatsthetune

Longups,

"but while I was with UPS for the last 34 years (retired now) I have heard this about CNF every 2 or 3 years."

I've heard the same over the years, but not from such a reliable source. This same source told me about MBE the week before it happened.

I still hope he's wrong.

Tie..
"the trailers they have on a lot near us look like they are in terrible shape."

I agree. I can't think their customer base/relations are worth anything either.