Changes to DVIR and Vehicle Inspection Procedures

I think you are telling that to the wrong person. It's her job to know.

A.J. may seem to come across as a cute ditsy blonde but rest assured it only SEEMS that way. She'll lure you in with the laughs and innuendos but thats only to get you close enough to slap you straight.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
We as mechanics need it where we can read what your concerns are.. I for one love the mirrow broke, morrw loos, or my latch thingy dunt work, and my all time fav, "my stool is loos" . take the extra time and be legable, be specific, learn termanology.

My mechanics tease me because I tend to "write stories" when something is wrong with the truck. They also appreciate the fact that I'm descriptive and try to use as proper of terminology as I know.

bluehdmc

​We don't have an ICC on the trucks but we follow DOT regs.

The ICC was abolished in 1995. That's when the trucking industry was deregulated and started the downward slide for unionized carriers. The ICC had a lot of archaic rules, and was a bit of an "old boys club".
You could have ICC authority to haul machine parts from NYC to Buffalo, but couldn't find a backhaul load that you had authority for, ex: televisions or produce.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The ICC was abolished in 1995. That's when the trucking industry was deregulated and started the downward slide for unionized carriers. The ICC had a lot of archaic rules, and was a bit of an "old boys club".
You could have ICC authority to haul machine parts from NYC to Buffalo, but couldn't find a backhaul load that you had authority for, ex: televisions or produce.
LOL OK. :happy2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
My mechanic went to the center manager to complain that I wrote up too much. The center manager looked at my books. The mechanic was told to do his job. I guess he was mad because I didn't need any touch-ups. hehehehehe

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
A.J. may seem to come across as a cute ditsy blonde but rest assured it only SEEMS that way. She'll lure you in with the laughs and innuendos but thats only to get you close enough to slap you straight.

You say the sweetest things...ok, I will follow you my next vacation and do all your dirty work on pre-trip; pitman arm, slack adjusters, and steering mechanisn. I draw the line at checking your oil but I would fill the DEF.....

Packmule

Best DVIR write up I ever heard about was "vibrates so hard over 80 mph, I can't do my paperwork." Wasn't me, and it was just a joke, but the guy sure got hammered on.

I

IslandGirl

The mechanic is the one who can't read them!...the mechanic(an outside agency)..comes to the centre every morning now..and checks every DVIR book himself..the vehicle washers were supposed to be reporting the problems..but they were so busy crashing into things, they probably needed their own DVIR book..!!

AKCoverMan

I once wrote up an old P-500 before they crushed the last one (at least in our center) for being "old and worn out". Mechanic replied "Agreed. Ok to operate."