Changing the world with music

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Sans Roger, this maybe the best live performance (IMHO)of the best Rock and Roll song of all time. 50...no, 100 years from now, this song will inspire children to pick up an instrument and channel their creativity, imagination, and emotion for the rest of the world to enjoy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't know how much this hurts me to say but I also love this song. As my kids were growing up and I found myself too busy to spend time with them I would "get the big picture" by playing this song.

My father died a lonely old man because he never took the time when we were young to foster a relationship with us. I did not use the word "Dad" as I never felt he was my Dad--he was my father--huge difference.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It is an ongoing debate; does television (and other media) reflect society or does society reflect the influence of television?
It’s one of those circular questions, like the old chicken and egg.
Does television reflect society or does society reflect television?

The sit-coms of my youth only showed twin beds for the married couples........Rob & Laura AND Ricky & Lucy. Even on Lucy's show when she was expecting, they did not use the word "pregnant".
We never saw a toilet on TV 'til a tank of one was shown on Leave it to Beaver.

TV at that time was not reflecting my house then......we had a bathroom with a toilet and parents slept in one bed. . . And my mom didn't wear a dress and pearls to scrub floors.

If this post isn't on topic, I apologize for interferring.

texan

The sit-coms of my youth only showed twin beds for the married couples........Rob & Laura AND Ricky & Lucy. Even on Lucy's show when she was expecting, they did not use the word "pregnant".
We never saw a toilet on TV 'til a tank of one was shown on Leave it to Beaver.

TV at that time was not reflecting my house then......we had a bathroom with a toilet and parents slept in one bed. . . And my mom didn't wear a dress and pearls to scrub floors.

If this post isn't on topic, I apologize for interferring.

Not at all. I agree with you that TV was alot more decent years ago and hid things.