Cheney

moreluck

golden ticket member
I consider Britt Hume a well respected journalist and the perfect choice for Cheney's interview. I'll be watching.

wkmac

My bad moreluck. 2 pm not 6 pm. Sorry and hope you see this!

I'll be at work. And Britt Hume is a very respected journalist.

automated

Cheney Comments on Hunting Incident

Cheney broke his silence, under pressure, on his hunting mishap, accepting responsibility for the shooting and calling it one of the "worst days" of his life. But he was unapologetic about leaving it up to the ranch owner to tell a local paper what happened.

Link To Original Article

wkmac

moreluck,
I've yet to see the interview of Cheney yesterday although I've seen in other press clippings where Cheney took responsibility. etc. Did you see the interview and what'd you think?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I saw it. I thought Cheney was contrite and truly sorry and that it was all a terrible accident. He took the full responsibility since he was the shooter. You know he's very monotone all the time.

I did see a political cartoon that certainly puts the press corp. in proper perspective. It showed Cheney with the smoking shotgun and a man laying in the brush, just his boots showing and Cheney shouting out, "HELP we need a reporter over here!!"

tieguy

Banned
Re: Cheney Comments on Hunting Incident

0012670 said:
Cheney broke his silence, under pressure, on his hunting mishap, accepting responsibility for the shooting and calling it one of the "worst days" of his life. But he was unapologetic about leaving it up to the ranch owner to tell a local paper what happened.

Yep here comes the cover up and conspiracy angle. TS I lost my liberal refernce guide. What happens next . Start a congressional investigation? Stalk cheney?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Letterman's Top Ten Dick Cheney Excuses...............

10. Heart palpitation caused trigger finger to spasm

9. Wanted to get the Iraq mess off the front page

8. Not enough Jim Beam

7. Trying to stop the spread of bird flu

6. I love to shoot people

5. Guy was making cracks about my lesbian daughter

4. I thought the guy was trying to go 'gay cowboy' on me

3. Excuse? I hit him didn't I?

2. Until Democrats approve Medicare reform, we have to make some tough choices for the elderly

1. Made bet with Gretzky's wife

Tyrone Slothrop

wily_old_vet said:
Tie-There is a lot of angst on the left that the gentleman hasn't died so that Cheney could be charged with at least manslaughter.
Not so, my friend. I think most people are glad the guy is alive, and out of the hospital. Most people on the 'left', from my experience, are compassionate folk who care for the welfare of all their fellow man, even Republican lawyers.

A wise man once said something along the lines of 'don't be quick to judge, unless you yourself be judged', you can find the exact quote yourself in Matthew, I believe.

Another wise man said 'why can't we be friends?', or was that a sly man? Anyway, you get the idea, I hope.

tieguy

Banned
Tyrone Slothrop said:
Not so, my friend. I think most people are glad the guy is alive, and out of the hospital. Most people on the 'left', from my experience, are compassionate folk who care for the welfare of all their fellow man, even Republican lawyers.

A wise man once said something along the lines of 'don't be quick to judge, unless you yourself be judged', you can find the exact quote yourself in Matthew, I believe.

Another wise man said 'why can't we be friends?', or was that a sly man? Anyway, you get the idea, I hope.

And hence my point. You really need to do some research. Most people on the left speak of tolerance and compassion like they think they inherited those traits by being left thinkers. In reality they are very intolerant and not very compassionate.

Tyrone Slothrop

tieguy said:
And hence my point. You really need to do some research. Most people on the left speak of tolerance and compassion like they think they inherited those traits by being left thinkers. In reality they are very intolerant and not very compassionate.
Of all the topics you comment on that you know nothing about, reality has to top the list.:lol::lol::lol:(extra smiley for ya!)

tieguy

Banned
Actually TS you continously demonstrate my point that the left wing is extremely intolerant of differing views. Extreme smiley for you:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tieguy

Banned
I love the conspiracy cover up theory the press and liberal democrats tried to run out of this story. I guess for the future we should call the press first and 911 second. :w00t: