Chose to be a stupidvisor can I go back in the union?

Box Ox

So a time ago I chose to go into supervision thinking "yeah I'll be fine" but fast forward a couple years and uh it stinks. So is their anyway I could possibly get back in the union? So far the understanding is 6 to 1 which I don't even know how that works or quit and come back which I've also heard may not work.

Hope you do make it back. Your self-deprecation is a good sign you haven’t lost your soul yet and could still make for a good driver.

unloady

Serious question. I understand your situation but if you dont mind me asking how much do you actually make per hour? Several of my preload friends of a couple years made the move to part time sup. Now they are all miserable and want to quit and they just change as a person. Is the carrot they dangle really that appealing? Is it the hours? I get alot of mixed reaponses from guys at my center. Its an honest question no disrespect.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Serious question. I understand your situation but if you dont mind me asking how much do you actually make per hour? Several of my preload friends of a couple years made the move to part time sup. Now they are all miserable and want to quit and they just change as a person. Is the carrot they dangle really that appealing? Is it the hours? I get alot of mixed reaponses from guys at my center. Its an honest question no disrespect.
You only take that job for your resume.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
@thatblusi a good portion are former military that simply have it in their nature to bite the b* and go PT sup when there is a need for one.

Besides that PT sups also get a larger tuition reimbursement, if you can juggle the two (and it is hard to do, tougher than in should be) you can earn $25K a year in addition to $35K in tuition bennies and jump out debt free with something to go with the resume.

Otherwise nothing is good about the trasition. PT sup here gives you 6.5 hours straight time at 18/h vs preload 5 hours at 15/h and a slice of overtime. You practically give up all your benefits for $30 extra each day.

unloady

@thatblusi a good portion are former military that simply have it in their nature to bite the b* and go PT sup when there is a need for one.

Besides that PT sups also get a larger tuition reimbursement, if you can juggle the two (and it is hard to do, tougher than in should be) you can earn $25K a year in addition to $35K in tuition bennies and jump out debt free with something to go with the resume.

PT sup here gives you 6.5 hours straight time at 18/h vs preload 5 hours at 15/h and a slice of overtime. You practically give up all your benefits for $30 extra each day.
Thanks for the great reply. 18 an hour? Dang thats a pretty big jump tbh. I assume your preload starts at $15 an hour because at mine we start at $10.50 lol thats a $3 raise so that means PT sups would make like $13.50 here? which is pretty appalling. We also have alot of ex military as PT sups here too i can see why. I did not know about that extra tuition bonus though. You just get in, get a degree then get the hell out of there. Still not worth it in my opinion, most of them seem miserable.

unloady

Thanks for the great reply. 18 an hour? Dang thats a pretty big jump tbh. I assume your preload starts at $15 an hour because at mine we start at $10.50 lol thats a $3 raise so that means PT sups would make like $13.50 here? which is pretty appalling. We also have alot of ex military as PT sups here too i can see why. I did not know about that extra tuition bonus though. You just get in, get a degree then get out i guess

Rack em

Made the Podium
Thanks for the great reply. 18 an hour? Dang thats a pretty big jump tbh. I assume your preload starts at $15 an hour because at mine we start at $10.50 lol thats a $3 raise so that means PT sups would make like $13.50 here? which is pretty appalling. We also have alot of ex military as PT sups here too i can see why. I did not know about that extra tuition bonus though. You just get in, get a degree then get the hell out of there. Still not worth it in my opinion, most of them seem miserable.
We usually get a new preload sup every year. Sounds like a highly desired job lol.

unloady

We usually get a new preload sup every year. Sounds like a highly desired job lol.

Same here. Theres literally only two sups that ive seen stay around for my short 3 years here. One is a pretty decent guy and the other is a basket case. My old unload supervior that had 8 years in the company just recently quit. He was a piece of work. Literally everyone else i see in managment i dont recognize. Its kinda scary actually lol.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Same here. Theres literally only two sups that ive seen stay around for my short 3 years here. One is a pretty decent guy and the other is a basket case. My old unload supervior that had 8 years in the company just recently quit. He was a piece of work. Literally everyone else i see in managment i dont recognize. Its kinda scary actually lol.
Article 20 section 5

So a time ago I chose to go into supervision thinking "yeah I'll be fine" but fast forward a couple years and uh it stinks. So is their anyway I could possibly get back in the union? So far the understanding is 6 to 1 which I don't even know how that works or quit and come back which I've also heard may not work.
Tell all your ft sups that you want to go driving. Put in a letter to your building mgr immediately. Turn a letter in every Jan 2nd.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ive seen it done before. I saw a guy at my hub go from part time subervisor to a package car driver.

I have seen it happen in my building also but you would have a better chance at winning the lottery.

It's possible. I know a PT sup that became a driver a few years ago.

I have seen it happen.

Back in the day, PT supes had to work 90 days in pkg car to become a full-time supe.

Two that I remember just stayed in pkg, rather than go back into management.

Needless to say.... neither of them are still around.

Shift 2

If there in need for drivers sign the list, pass inter grad and bust your ass for 30 days on the road and your officially back in the union as a ft package car driver

Shift 2

3 pt sups in my building did it and went into feeders with in a year of ft pcd