Chris Christie Thread

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Many have said and speculated that weight/obesity would be a detriment, yet if some were to self -reflect and identify and of course believe a few cheap talking points, Christie could easily transcend any negative connotations and use the weight and potential devastating health issues to his advantage.

Some fairly intimidating and well, deadly results when one looks at the results of fast-food, fast living American society.

Also, you have to wonder if he'll make it 2016 carrying that type of mass. All due respect :peaceful:

map1.jpg

map26.jpg

klein

Für Meno :)
I belive the dark red is the higher percentage of overweight people (very dark red = over 30% of the population is overweight).

No more blue zones !!!!

brett636

I would prefer him not to run. His only quality is his fiscal conservatism combined with his no nonsense approach to those who are not. On nearly every other issue he is just too liberal to be President. I personally don't believe he is running and I wish all the RINOs would quit trying to push him into the race.

wkmac

Sleeve,

Upstate's question is a valid one ie post source links. I understand your point on fast food although I'd drill down deeper to the industrial farming industry and industry/gov't collusion of regulatory capture and corp. welfare especially King Corn. Even now King Corn is marketing a name change away from "High Fructose Corn" because more and more people are catching on.

klein

I would prefer him not to run. His only quality is his fiscal conservatism combined with his no nonsense approach to those who are not. On nearly every other issue he is just too liberal to be President. I personally don't believe he is running and I wish all the RINOs would quit trying to push him into the race.

Christie was on Piers Morgan yesterday. He said he will 100% NOT run for presidency .
I kind of liked him in that interview, he has an awesome family too .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Christie was on Piers Morgan yesterday. He said he will 100% NOT run for presidency .
I kind of liked him in that interview, he has an awesome family too .

...and a beautiful home as well.

I wouldn't rule him out just yet, klein, and would welcome him in to the race. I liked the way that he handled Hurricane Irene.

klein

He is 100% out, even his family doesn't want him to run. His older teenagers even got asked, if their dad says it's 100% , is it true ?
And they both agreed, yup, he sticks to his words, 100% !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He is 100% out, even his family doesn't want him to run. His older teenagers even got asked, if their dad says it's 100% , is it true ?
And they both agreed, yup, he sticks to his words, 100% !

New Hampshire is moving their primary to December. Don't be surprised if his name is on the ballot.

klein

Denmark levies world's first fat tax

Denmark on Saturday became the first country in the world to impose a fat tax after a week in which consumers hoarded butter, pizza, meat and milk to avoid the immediate effects.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Denmark levies world's first fat tax

Denmark on Saturday became the first country in the world to impose a fat tax after a week in which consumers hoarded butter, pizza, meat and milk to avoid the immediate effects.
The heck with the foods, just ticket all the fat people !!! The foods didn't do the crime, the people eating 4 lbs. of butter on their noodles are the criminals.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Lets just outlaw or tax, red meat, cotton candy, cany apples, elephant ears, beer and all alcohols, buffets, graduation parties, summer cookouts, wedding reception, all the places where people eat too much. Lets just open a seaweed store, that sells vinegar.
Yes and tax all people for everything that they buy if their BMI is not correct. Unless we can prove we have a glandular problem. Lets kick off the SSI roles, and disability all fat people. ( i actually like that prospect)
And lets double tax, or maybe triple, all families who buy lottery, and mindless video games for their kids. And put that in a fund to support the people who cant take care of themselves because they have spent their lives playing animated games and have no clue what to do in the real world when it is suddenly thrust upon them

old levi's

blank space
Lets just outlaw or tax, red meat, cotton candy, cany apples, elephant ears, beer and all alcohols, buffets, graduation parties, summer cookouts, wedding reception, all the places where people eat too much. Lets just open a seaweed store, that sells vinegar.

Well that right there just sucks.

wkmac

Mac, the data is pulledoff of the CDC website. There is a little logo there on the images. ;) More accurately, http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/

Thanks. I saw the CDC logo and knew it came from them and a quick search would reveal but I was just trying to save you from 20 questions!
:happy-very:

OT but linked to the obesity issue. A good documentary you might consider watching sometime is Food Inc. It's on Netflix and it may even be free on the net. My dad was an extension agent and then later herd vet. for the likes of Con-Agra, Cargill and Central Soya so a lot in the film I could relate too having been on many a farm in the 60's and early 70's as industrial farming methods started to take hold. My favorite farmer Joel Salatin of Virginia's Polyface Farms is in Food Inc and brings a lot of good thoughts to ponder.

In fact, Trplnkl likes to ask me for answers and I could give him some but I have my reasons not to show all my cards and he or anyone else can twist that any way he/they wants. However, because of you I will throw out something that I think both of you might find at the very least thought provoking. Go to YouTube and type in Joel Salatin Localization and watch his presentations under Pathways to Relocalization and another talk called Joel Salatin on Localization. So many problems from economic to energy to even environmental as in CO2 overproduction is discussed and ideas to ponder and all right from the farm itself. Salatin's ideas are just one example of many that could answer and solve many problems and issues facing society.

browndevil

Chris Christie or as I like to say, Next? The GOP is certainly showing it has no quality candidate. First it was Trump then Bachman, then Perry now Christie.
Folks get used to it, it's Obama in 2012 :)

klein

I just read an article that he approved the building of the largest Mall on earth (by Canadian owners) in New Jersey, and NJ tax payers will have to help foot the bill.
I don't think that would go over well with the Tea Party politics.

Oh well, it was probably done with "The Mall of America" in Minniapolis, too ? (same Canadian owners).

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Chris Christie or as I like to say, Next? The GOP is certainly showing it has no quality candidate. First it was Trump then Bachman, then Perry now Christie.
Folks get used to it, it's Obama in 2012 :)

Maybe the GOP will march out the Michelin Man next after Christie... "bigger is better" as they say in stupid texas! I cant wait for the debate between Christie and the Michelin Man!

KingpinVsMichelinMan.jpg

Peace.
KingpinVsMichelinMan.jpg