Christmas Greetings

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am already familiar with Snopes.com and I already know the "baby thing" is a phoney........just sent the whole thing because 7/8 of it is good advice for women and I was too lazy to hack out the baby thing.

Geez, give it a rest

iloadthetruck

I could care less about "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" or "Festive Kwanzaa" or "Delightful Chanukah". It's the end of another year, people, let's just be happy the world hasn't bombed itself 20 times over and stop bickering over a friendly greeting. It would be like boycotting Kohls because they say "I'm going to murder you" versus Wal-Mart's "I'm gonna get you wit' muh shotgun"!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bizarre Christmas Traditions..
In Italy they have no Christmas trees, instead they decorate smallwooden pyramids with fruit.

In Caracas, the capital city of Venezuela, it is customary for thestreets to be blocked off on Christmas eve so that the people canroller-skate to church.

An artificial spider and web are often included in the decorationson Ukrainian Christmas trees. A spider web found on Christmasmorning is believed to bring good luck.

It is a British Christmas tradition that a wish made while mixingthe Christmas pudding will come true only if the ingredients are stirred in a clockwise direction.

A traditional Christmas dinner in early England was the head of apig prepared with mustard.

Sending red Christmas cards to anyone in Japan constitutes bad etiquette, since funeral notices there are customarily printed in red.

In Norway on Christmas Eve, all the brooms in the house are hiddenbecause long ago it was believed that witches and mischievousspirits came out on Christmas Eve and would steal their brooms forriding.
</PRE>

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tips for Stress Free Shopping and Enjoying Christmas Season......

1. Give yourself plenty of time.....plan ahead.

2. Start with a budget that includes everything....presents, wrap, cards etc.

3. Rank items in order of importance. If the total shocks you, start eliminating from the bottom, then figure a way to spend a little less on your high priorities items.

4. Establish Christmas Traditions like gift exchanges and you won't be buying for everybody.

5. Keep your list short.......don't shop without your list.

6. Look for merchants who will ship your gifts.

7. Spend wisely. A small present that shows attention to the recipient's interests means more than an expensive impersonal gift.

8. Create Christmas rituals.....create the traditions that money can't buy like baking cookies together as a family or reading a Christmas story with the children.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you see a fat man . . .

Who's jolly and cute,

wearing a beard

and a red flannel suit,

and if he is chuckling

and laughing away,

while flying around

in a miniature sleigh

with eight tiny reindeer

to pull him along,

then lets face it . . .

Your egg nogs' too strong!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Santa Stats
flyingsleigh.gif
<BIG><BIG><BIG>
</BIG></BIG></BIG>_____________

<BIG>There are currently 78 people named S. Claus
living in the U.S. -- and one Kriss Kringle.
(You gotta wonder about that one kid's parents)

December is the most popular month for nose jobs.

Weight of Santa's sleigh loaded with one Beanie Baby
for every kid on earth: 333,333 tons.

Number of reindeer required to pull a 333,333-ton s
sleigh: 214,206 -- plus Rudolph.

Average wage of a mall Santa: $11 an hour.
With real beard: $20.

To deliver his gifts in one night, Santa would have to
make 822.6 visits per second, sleighing at 3,000 times
the speed of sound.

At that speed, Santa and his reindeer would burst into flame
instantaneously.

</BIG>

moreluck

golden ticket member
10 WAYS TO SHARE THE JOY DURING THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS.....

1. Mend a broken relationship with a friend or relative during the holidays.

2. Every night of the Christmas season, before going to bed, ask yourself, "Whose life did I make brighter today?"

3. Offer to run holiday errands for an elderly friend or relative.

4. Tip someone who doesn't expect it.

5. Set aside time at the beginning of the holiday season to help your children plan their gift-giving lists.

6. Open holiday cards as a family activity each night at the dinner table and read the messages aloud.

7. This year, write letters to several people who have had a positive influence on your life and thank them for the gift they have given you.

8. Take decorated wreaths, dreidels or other festive symbols to someone in a hospital or nursing home.

9. Secretly shovel the snow off of your neighbor's front walk.

10. If you have friends who have lost family members since last year, make a special effort to call and cheer them during the holidays.

And remember...don't try to do everything yourself...even Santa needs helpers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
<TABLE id=INCREDIMAINTABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=INCREDITEXTREGION style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; CURSOR: auto; PADDING-TOP: 0px; rem_PADDING-LEFT: 0px" vAlign=top width="100%">During a Redneck Holiday Season...........

"Well, whaddaya know, Sis -- looks like we're both standing under the mistletoe!"

"I'll be damned if I'm going to spoil *my* wife with them fancy Wal-Mart goods!"

"Hey, Cletus, pass me the squirrel nog."
</TD></TR><TR><TD id=INCREDIFOOTER width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"></TD><TD id=INCREDISOUND vAlign=bottom align=middle></TD><TD id=INCREDIANIM vAlign=bottom align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

moreluck

golden ticket member
Christmas Kindness
Kindness is something we can all give freely. Lets make an extra-special effort to lend a helping hand or a loving heart this season. Take time to appreciate your life and purpose living here on this Earth
. Perhaps you could volunteer some time or make a financial contribution to your favorite local charity. Make someone elses holiday just a little bit brighter. Smile a lot as you enjoy your friends and family and be mindful to get caught up in the spirit.

tieguy

Banned
moreluck said:
<BIG><BIG><BIG></BIG></BIG></BIG>_____________

<BIG>
To deliver his gifts in one night, Santa would have to
make 822.6 visits per second, sleighing at 3,000 times
the speed of sound.

</BIG>

Many a package center would love to have a driver named Claus to improve their stops per road hour.

moreluck

golden ticket member
<TABLE id=INCREDIMAINTABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=INCREDITEXTREGION style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; CURSOR: auto; PADDING-TOP: 0px; rem_PADDING-LEFT: 0px" vAlign=top width="100%">
I Learned All About Life From a Snowman...

~ It's okay if you're a little bottom heavy.

~ Hold your ground, even when the heat is on.

~ Wearing white is always appropriate.

~ Winter is the best of the four seasons.

~ It takes a few extra rolls to make a good midsection.

~ There's nothing better than a foul weather friend.

~ The key to life is to be a jolly, happy soul.

~ We're all made up of mostly water.

~ You know you've made it when they write a song about you.

~ Accessorize! Accessorize! Accessorize!

~ Don't get too much sun.

~ It's embarrassing when you can't look down and see your feet.

~ It's fun to hang out in your front yard.

~ Always put your best foot forward.

~ There's no stopping you once you're on a roll.​
</TD></TR><TR><TD id=INCREDIFOOTER width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"></TD><TD id=INCREDISOUND vAlign=bottom align=middle></TD><TD id=INCREDIANIM vAlign=bottom align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

moreluck

golden ticket member
One year, a particular harried husband decided to buy his mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift.

The next year, he didn't buy her a gift.

When she asked him why, he replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Teach The Children

"Teach the children! Teach them the old meaning of Christmas. The meaning that now-a-days Christmas has forgotten."

Santa then reached in his bag and pulled out a FIR TREE and placed it before the mantle. "Teach the children that the pure green color of the stately fir tree remains green all year round, depicting the everlasting hope of mankind, all the needles point heavenward, making it a symbol of man's thoughts turning toward heaven."

He again reached into his bag and pulled out a brilliant STAR. "Teach the children that the star was the heavenly sign of promises long ago. God promised a Savior for the world, and the star was the sign of fulfillment of His promise."

He then reached into his bag and pulled out a CANDLE. "Teach the children that the candle symbolizes that Christ is the light of the world, and when we see this great light we are reminded of He who displaces the darkness."

Once again he reached into his bag and removed a WREATH and placed it on the tree. "Teach the children that the wreath symbolizes the real nature of love. Real love never ceases. Love is one continuous round of affection."

He then pulled from his bag an ornament of himself. "Teach the children that I, Santa Claus symbolize the generosity and good will we feel during the month of December."

He then brought out a HOLLY LEAF. "Teach the children that the holly plant represents immortality. It represents the crown of thorns worn by our Savior. The red holly represents the blood shed by Him."

Next he pulled from his bag a GIFT and said, "Teach the children that God so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON..." "Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift.

"Teach the children that the wise men bowed before the Holy BABE and presented HIM with gold, frankincense and myrrh. We should always give gifts in the same spirit of the wise men."

Santa then reached in his bag and pulled out a CANDY CANE and hung it on the tree. "Teach the children that the candy cane represents the shepherds' crook. The crook on the staff helps to bring back strayed sheep to the flock. The candy cane is the symbol that we are our brother's keeper."

He reached in again and pulled out an ANGEL. "Teach the children that it was the angels that heralded in the glorious news of the Savior's birth. The angels sang 'Glory to God in the highest, on earth peace and good will toward men."

Suddenly I heard a soft twinkling sound, and from his bag he pulled out a BELL. "Teach the children that as the lost sheep are found by the sound of the bell, it should ring mankind to the fold. The bell symbolizes guidance and return."

Santa looked back and was pleased. He looked back at me and I saw that the twinkle was back in his eyes. He said,"Remember, teach the children the true meaning of Christmas and do not put me in the center, for I am but a humble servant of the One that is, and I bow down to worship Him, our Lord our God."

moreluck

golden ticket member
An Alphabet of Christmas.........

A is for Animals who shared the stable.

B for the Babe with their manger for cradle.

C for the Carols so blithe and gay,

D for December, the twenty-fifth day.

E for the Eve when we're all so excited.

friend for the Fun when the tree's at last lighted.

G is for Goose which you all know is fat.

H is the Holly you stick in your hat.

I for the Ivy that clings to the wall.

J is for Jesus, the cause of it all.

K for the Kindness begot by this feast.

L is for Light shining way in the East.

M for the Mistletoe, all green and white.

N for the Noels we sing Christmas night.

O for the Oxen, the first to adore Him.

P for the Presents Wise Men laid before Him.

Q for the Quiet of this holy Eve as God's greatest blessing we all did receive.

R for the Reindeer leaping over the roofs.

S for the Stockings that Santa Claus stuffs.

T for the Toys, the Tinsel, the Tree.

U is for Us - the whole family.

V is for Visitors bringing us cheer.

W is Welcome to the happy New Year.

X YZ bother me!

So now to you all, wherever you be,a merry, merry Christmas, and many may you see! ~Author Unknown

moreluck

golden ticket member
May your closest friends
Be ever near -
To make your Christmas
One of Cheer.

Just a wish with a greeting
Both kindly and true
May the season bring Gladness
To yours and to you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Christmas - that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance - a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.
~ Augusta E. Rundel ~