Christmas Shopping

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
How do you guys get any shopping done since we get in so late? I know many of you have your spouse shop while you're at work but sometimes I'd like to get some presents on my own but just thinking about going to the mall makes my eye lids heavy.

I know you'll just say "Wait for the weekend" but this is the last weekend to shop before Xmas and you know it isn't going to be pretty. How many of you "wimp out" and buy a bunch of gift cards? Actually I wimp out too. The kids love gift cards where they can get things THEY want at the store THEY want to shop at.

What happened to the days where you could just pick up the Sears catalog and take care of everyone including yourself?

Dustyroads

Black, they have this deal now, the internet, and you can order anything you want, a lot like the old Sears catalogue, and then the UPS guy actually brings it right to your door. That's how I do my shopping. :)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Blackbox, amazon.com is great for almost anything you could want. Ebay.com is also. JCP.com (jcpenney) has some great deals right now, and most all have free shipping, you can pay for them and have them shipped to the recipient, gift wrapped with a card for a nominal or no fee.
It does seem weird, I used to think I was missing something by not being in the crowd of shoppers. But I can shop with full attention to what I want and pinpoint it to the exact thing, and use my weekends to go out and enjoy the festivities with none of the stress.
Enjoy! And really nothing beats a gift card.

rod

Retired 22 years
The wife and I quit giving presents to each other years ago. :happy2: Sure saves alot of hassel. We more or less just get what we really want for ourselves all year long. Now Christmas is all about spoiling the Grandkids.

whiskey

I'll hit one store December 24th, at 5:30PM. Since the store closes at 6, I have 30 minutes to do all my shopping. There are no crowds, and no pressure. Because of the time constraint, I cannot be picky. Every one will get something, just those somethings will be a bit unusual. And the shopping is done dressed in brown.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'll hit one store December 24th, at 5:30PM. Since the store closes at 6, I have 30 minutes to do all my shopping. There are no crowds, and no pressure. Because of the time constraint, I cannot be picky. Every one will get something, just those somethings will be a bit unusual. And the shopping is done dressed in brown.
Done that many of times!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The wife and I quit giving presents to each other years ago. :happy2: Sure saves alot of hassel. We more or less just get what we really want for ourselves all year long. Now Christmas is all about spoiling the Grandkids.
rod, we pretty much do the same thing. We get little things for Christmas day for each other but basically we get what we want all year long. Our latest purchase being a Springfield .45. :happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
All shopping is done. Things have been shipped. A lot of it was gift cards and only involved sending a card.

I did send cookies through UPS to friends back East of the Mississippi.

Our tree at home has some gorgeously wrapped & ribboned presents under it. They are all pretend ones.

We also get whatever we want all year long.....think about what a blessing that really is !!

We baked so early that we might have to schedule another baking day to have plenty of cookies through the season. Everyone should have that problem and ONLY that problem.

Merry Christmas !!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
rod, we pretty much do the same thing. We get little things for Christmas day for each other but basically we get what we want all year long. Our latest purchase being a Springfield .45. :happy-very:

Did you get Jessie's Girl or An Affair of the Heart?

I heard the mint 45's are starting to sell for some sweet $$$$.
Turntables are sooo expensive.:wink2:
I am getting my hubby so he can record all those damn albums he owns!!

L

Loufan

This year I'm doing all my shopping online. It's so much easier, and much more fun. Bigger selection at the click of a mouse and you don't have to deal with the crazies at the mall.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Did you get Jessie's Girl or An Affair of the Heart?

I heard the mint 45's are starting to sell for some sweet $$$$.
Turntables are sooo expensive.:wink2:
I am getting my hubby so he can record all those damn albums he owns!!
LOL AJ........................... There are a couple of different Springfields. This is the one we got.

35240030.jpg
35240030.jpg

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
There are actually two weekends left before Christmas.

The bulk of my shopping is finished and was done online.

You're right there are still 2 more weekends left. OK, you've convinced me, I'm shopping on-line; its just I'm one of those kind of shoppers that need to look,touch,examine everything I buy. Guess I'm late to the cyber-world of shopping.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I don't even do the gift card thing. I stop at the ATM and get cash to hand out Christmas day. All the kids and grand kids love seeing the green.