CIA agent whistle blower just released from jail speaks on american torture

rickyb

http://www.democracynow.org/2015/2/9/exclusive_freed_cia_whistleblower_john_kiriakou

americans tortured suspects by sticking broom sticks up their ass, rectal hydration, one guy was waterboarded 83 times. many were innocent. many died while being tortured.

john kiriakou was the cia agent who revealed the torture, and was of no coincidence the only one who spent time in jail.

doesnt recommend ed snowden return back to america, says justice system is broken.

diane feinstein leading spokesperson for the cia says the torture programs were pointless.

i think the way things are going, this stuff will start happening domestically to environmental activists, government activists, etc.

heres mos def getting force fed and its graphic.

542thruNthru

So are you saying we should let them die of starvation? Seems a little cruel but I guess that's ok with me.

I am curious what you think we should do about these men on a hunger strike? What would be your plan of action? Please answer truthfully.

rickyb

So are you saying we should let them die of starvation? Seems a little cruel but I guess that's ok with me.

I am curious what you think we should do about these men on a hunger strike? What would be your plan of action? Please answer truthfully.

just off the top of my head places like guantanamo should not exist in a supposedly democratic society, and secondly if they dont want to eat then they dont have to. i think the rule of law should be restored: innocent until proven guilty.

542thruNthru

you think we should have no prisons?

You also think we should let them in a sense commit suicide by starving themselves to death. So why don't we just give them a rope so they can hang themselves?

rickyb

you think we should have no prisons?

You also think we should let them in a sense commit suicide by starving themselves to death. So why don't we just give them a rope so they can hang themselves?

you should have prisons, and the prison system needs a major overhaul because alot of people who go to jail end up going back to it right after, not to mention the for profit jails, not to mention the slavery which occurs in jail, theres a long list.

but you should not have torture centres like guantanamo where people are held indefinitely, often without being charged.

you should also ask why are the prisoners refusing to eat? are they mad they got caught? are they mad they are in jail for no reason?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

The senate torture report shows at least five detainees were rectally fed without medical necessity. In other words it was not to prevent them from starving, it was used as a form of intimidation and as an interrogation technique, also known as torture.
B4bV2frCIAErxn7.jpg

542thruNthru

you should have prisons, and the prison system needs a major overhaul because alot of people who go to jail end up going back to it right after, not to mention the for profit jails, not to mention the slavery which occurs in jail, theres a long list.

but you should not have torture centres like guantanamo where people are held indefinitely, often without being charged.

you should also ask why are the prisoners refusing to eat? are they mad they got caught? are they mad they are in jail for no reason?

Well just so you know my cousin works in a prison. From what I've been told inmates go on hunger strikes all the time. For all sorts of things like more yard time or you'll love this one HBO. They never have to force feed them but that's also because they don't have the resolve to stick with it. So to be honest I have no idea why they are on hunger strike. Could be anything.

anyways I was just asking some question. I don't agree with the force feeding they wanna starve let them. One less mouth to feed.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If they don't want to eat, just behead them or burn them alive and release the video to the news outlets.

Oh wait, we don't do that. Nevermind.

rickyb

If they don't want to eat, just behead them or burn them alive and release the video to the news outlets.

Oh wait, we don't do that. Nevermind.

no the us government gives them to friendly 3rd world dictators where that is done on their "blacksites".

the us governments weapon of choice is drones, hell fire missles, etc.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
due to the high rate of prisoners release from gitmo going directly back to the battlefield upon release, i supported any and all techniques used to obtained information, including torture...theyre not in gitmo because they are nominees for nobel peace prizes, we gotta do what we gotta do, isis is setting dudes on fire and decapitating their "prisoners" if you can even call them prisoners, and its funny in this country we have senate comittees to make sure gitmo prisoners are being well fed and getting their vitamins and all that other happy horsepoop, whats wrong with that picture?!?!?!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
due to the high rate of prisoners release from gitmo going directly back to the battlefield upon release, i supported any and all techniques used to obtained information, including torture...theyre not in gitmo because they are nominees for nobel peace prizes, we gotta do what we gotta do, isis is setting dudes on fire and decapitating their "prisoners" if you can even call them prisoners, and its funny in this country we have senate comittees to make sure gitmo prisoners are being well fed and getting their vitamins and all that other happy horsepoop, whats wrong with that picture?!?!?!
The point is, we don't have to do it. The senate report clearly outlined that no actionable intelligence was gathered from the torture, in fact in a few circumstances incorrect information was given because of it. It served no purpose. To go further, if you look at who got paid and how much, you'd see that it costs taxpayers a fortune to needlessly torture people.

ch317273

The point is, we don't have to do it. The senate report clearly outlined that no actionable intelligence was gathered from the torture, in fact in a few circumstances incorrect information was given because of it. It served no purpose. To go further, if you look at who got paid and how much, it costs taxpayers a fortune to needlessly torture people.
well i feel the senates findings are compromised and i dont think the public or the senate can acurately evaluate whether or not anything fruitful came from torture techniques, but i dont think there should be anything in place preventing such techniques from being used in the future....and even if there is a public so called regulation on torture, wed still likely execute techniques on an as needed basis which i feel is the right thing to do given the nature and gravity of the situation at hand....and compared to other countries, prisoners in this country are treated better than a lot of other countries middle class, especially domestic prisoners on a state and federal level

rickyb

nelson mandela was on the us terrorism list until early 2000s and won the nobel peace prize...

lets not forget that isis is a monster created by western nations particularily america.

torture doesnt work anyways. people will say anything to make the torture stop.

ch317273

nelson mandela was on the us terrorism list until early 2000s and won the nobel peace prize...

lets not forget that isis is a monster created by western nations particularily america.

torture doesnt work anyways. people will say anything to make the torture stop.
Mandela condoned violence in his youth which is ironically left out of the median depiction of his "life story", that's why he was on the terrorist threat list, the organizations he affiliated himself with in his 20s were directly involved in numerous violent acts in South Africa, but typically this is not publicized due to the publicity his incarceration received..... Let's not forget that Isis along with all other Islamic militant terrorist have been involved in violent acts that precede american involvement in the region, but again, not something you'll find aired on msnbc

ch317273

And Rickyb although I respect your opinion I am curious how your views will changed when the imminent terrorist attack against Canada (God forbid but very likely) in the future comes to pass, hopefully it won't take an event like that to make u see terrorism is t an American problem but a western civilized pandemic

rickyb

And Rickyb although I respect your opinion I am curious how your views will changed when the imminent terrorist attack against Canada (God forbid but very likely) in the future comes to pass, hopefully it won't take an event like that to make u see terrorism is t an American problem but a western civilized pandemic

my take on it is that canada joins america and other western countries murdering people overseas, and we get what we deserve. violence begets violence. our governments actually like terrorism because it gives them an excuse to eliminate hard won civil liberties. the war profiteers in america love it. its a vicious circle.

if we listened to ron paul and brought all the troops home we would be much safer.

heres glenn greenwald who leaked the huge nsa spying story on terrorism in canada:

rickyb

terrorism is not even a huge deal, doesnt affect many people at all. its just sensationalized by the corporate media.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2014/0...lled-by-boring-mundane-things-than-terrorism/

you are more likely to be killed by lightning than terrorism...so whats really going on that terrorism has such a strong media presence? whats their true agenda?

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/wheres_the_war_on_lethal_superbugs_20120905