CIR INELIGIBLE

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Anybody know what's up with this? I'm getting residential and business addresses mixed up and can't drop pieces that obviously were meant to be delivered on first attempt.

we were talking about delivering surepost to closed businesses a few months back. Maybe some office quarterback decided otherwise.

Sixth Punch Sense

Anybody know what's up with this? I'm getting residential and business addresses mixed up and can't drop pieces that obviously were meant to be delivered on first attempt.

we were talking about delivering surepost to closed businesses a few months back. Maybe some office quarterback decided otherwise.
I've gotten this to. Believe it's a program "enhancement" to verify change of delivery designation.

If Orion thinks you are at a commercial stop and you change it to a resi stop it wants you to get a signature to verify the switch. Even if it's surepost.

Not sure if that's the reason but it's the only thing I could rationalize.

Cowboy Mac

I had some gated apartments a few weeks ago that would let me release everything except surepost. So I got signatures or did NI1. Now it lets me release everything there.

DriverNerd

Do you have the DIAD 5 or 6? On the 6 if you scan a surepost only it will ask if it's commercial or residential and then always give you a DR place to release it. If you combine it with ground and it's a business it will ask for a signature because you can't CIR surepost. Just scan them separately and you can release them.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Do you have the DIAD 5 or 6? On the 6 if you scan a surepost only it will ask if it's commercial or residential and then always give you a DR place to release it. If you combine it with ground and it's a business it will ask for a signature because you can't CIR surepost. Just scan them separately and you can release them.
Fired for inflating your stop count.

GenericUsername

We have resis that come up as CIR for absolutely no reason at all. Nobody in my center knows why. We also have some McKesson stuff that refuses to CIR but if it's sheeted as a residential stop it'll DR. Weird stuff.

FozziesDeliveries

This. I figured that out on the diad 5 it didn't like surepost mixed in at commercial stops. The diad 6 just straight up makes it a sig required with surepost mixed. If its a commercial stop do the sure post as a seperate stop to avoid the need for a signature.

FozziesDeliveries

On Friday we had stops and packages missing from our boards. For any residential stop that had a surepost missing from the board it straight up would not let you release it, it only wanted a signature.
On Saturday i had some of those packages with NI1 driver cross and it was fine and didn't prompt for the signature. Technology... 🤷‍♂️

DriverNerd

We have resis that come up as CIR for absolutely no reason at all. Nobody in my center knows why. We also have some McKesson stuff that refuses to CIR but if it's sheeted as a residential stop it'll DR. Weird stuff.
(In the DIAD 6) Now that some are being predetermined as Resi or Comm, if it's in the board as Commercial and to a Resi address you can change it to Resi but that will require a signature with no way to override it. Some shippers have agreements with UPS that we can't CIR their stuff anywhere and always comes up for a signature instead. Since CIR doesn't apply to Resi stops it will still allow you to DR if it's not Signature Required.

DriverNerd

The 6 unfortunately does not have that from what i have seen yet. SOMETIMES an Override option appears but i have not yet figured out what exact circumstances prompt it.
The override button shows up for non-DR resi addresses and lets you override that and release it.
It also shows up with some Non adult signature required stops, but you can't click the button to use it.

DriverNerd

Sweet, i like knowing and understanding these things. Thank you for all the info!
Just like most people I'm still finding new things on the DIAD 6 every week. It's just so unintuitive.

Just last week I learned how to non-deliver one package and DR the rest in one stop. Something that you learned on day one of the DIAD 5 and should be easy to do but with the 6 just isn't easy.

FozziesDeliveries

I have a house that keeps showing up as a business. On the 5 i wkuld override it but with the 6 i have just done CIR and type in House. If i did the change from com to resi and have them sign will it permanently switch to a residential stop or is it just for that instance?