circle of honor

retired2000

i know you need 25 years safe driving to get this but, with it taking so long to get to full time i was wondering if big brown was going to change the number of years that are needed. if you are part time say for 15 years and then go on the road it would mean that you have to have 40 years with brown to get this

30andout

i know you need 25 years safe driving to get this but, with it taking so long to get to full time i was wondering if big brown was going to change the number of years that are needed. if you are part time say for 15 years and then go on the road it would mean that you have to have 40 years with brown to get this
You are 100% correct, could take a lot longer if you have an accicent or scratch brown paint.:crying:

teamsterdan

FYI on avg. it takes 4 yrs. (2nd/3rd largest ctr. in state, mid-west ) to go p/t to pkg. driver....... feeders hire off the street seems like yr. round........

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Here in the Los Angeles area it takes 2 to 3 years to get to package driver from any hub work and feeder takes 12 to 15 years of package driving senority to get into feeder.

U

UPS package handler

Here in the Los Angeles area it takes 2 to 3 years to get to package driver from any hub work and feeder takes 12 to 15 years of package driving senority to get into feeder.

I work at Main St and it isnt' 2-3 years

p1000

Free at Last
Its is 25 years in Baltimore. They use to do 20 years but drop it.I just had my 25 year safe driving but did not go to induction. ( Package car not Feeders)

retired2000

i maybe wrong but i thought you always needed 25 years safe driveing to get into the circle of honor. i did not know there was anyone that was different. why did your district change?

M

Mike UPS GUY

Yes, It used to be 20 years. It is now and has been 25 years for some time now. Aprox 30 years ago (here in central Ca.) you would start out full time loading your own truck in the morning (no pre-load). Therfore, you would be full time from day one gaining safe driving years, so 20 or 25 years safe driving would not be hard to reach if you stayed with the company aprox 30 years. However, those of us that started part-time do not gain any safe driving years until we go full-time. I was part-time my first five years. If I stay with the company 30 years (w/out an accident) I will have 25 years safe driving. Who wants to go past 30 years at UPS? fOR THOSE PART-timers that go 10 to 15 years part time, Most likely you will never reach 25 years safe driving unless you maintain a perfect driving record and stay with the company 35 to 40 years. I have to agree. Circle of honor should be changed for those of us that began as part-timers.