City of Memphis ranking 3rd emptiest in nation.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The Caucasians can only enjoy and shoot their guns after work.
IMG_4517.gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Caucasians can only enjoy and shoot their guns after work.
Memphis is a textbook example of an S-hole. There's a well-known story about the sales rep for a FedEx supplier who texted/emailed someone from his outbound flight that he was so glad to get out of MEM because it was such a dump. Unfortunately, he sent it to FedEx by mistake. My guess is that it's true.
Spent a couple of weeks there for Ramp Agent training. The whole place rolls up at about 10pm, except for the criminals. Had to go there 7 or 8 times during my career. My report;
1. Graceland...dump/tourist trap. Elvis should have been a pimp
2. Beale Street. Small, but OK
3. Peabody Hotel....a waste of time.
4. Mud Island....self descriptive pile of nothing.
5. Catfish Corner....very good.
6. Corky's...good
7. Captain Bilbo's....dull. Corporate officers common. I've heard it's defunct
8. River Cruise/Bridge Lights....wow.
9. There's a reason nobody leaves the hotels after 10pm.
D.U.M.P. Perfect place for FedEx HQ.
P.S.
Go to Tunica. Bring several guns. Try to time the lights so you don't come to a full stop. Travel during daylight hours.

MassWineGuy

I took my first vacation week with FedEx in Memphis. I had a good time eating very fine bbq, seeing Sun Studios and Stax Records, visiting some good museums and hearing good music. The Civil Rights Museum, in particular. Nothing bad happened, but an Uber driver was shocked that I hadn’t been shot and robbed when he picked me up at Stax.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I took my first vacation week with FedEx in Memphis. I had a good time eating very fine bbq, seeing Sun Studios and Stax Records, visiting some good museums and hearing good music. The Civil Rights Museum, in particular. Nothing bad happened, but an Uber driver was shocked that I hadn’t been shot and robbed when he picked me up at Stax.
I've heard good things about The Civil Rights Museum too. People are friendly and food is almost always good.

MassWineGuy

I had to change my Air BnB after my first night. It was too close to the airport and after about 10 pm FedEx jets came over every two minutes. Impossible to sleep.