Claim seniority???

quad decade guy

I know every crew does something differently, but in my mind, I think a rotation schedule is fair gives everybody the same amount of time on every piece of equipment. Also thanks for this article I couldn't find this one. I was referencing an air district one. My supervisor is out on vacation right now but I'm going to pitch her this rotation schedule I made when she gets back.

OMG...it's like two brothers fighting over the blue bike not the red one. What are you in 5th grade?

And, who cares what you think?

Blue skys

On our crews the sups rotate. k-load, topside, tug, ground spot, CCD/verify etc. Here your seniority means nothing when it comes to equipment assignments . New people tend to get stuck up top or in the belly more often due to lack of certifications
[/QExactly UOTE]
Exactly my point, I've seen many other crews on my wing who do equipment rotation regardless of seniority.

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
Work it out plenty of work not worth the energy.
Another co worker tried that with me and told the supervisor they will do the work like seniority was fight. Feel free get the extra minutes and I’ll go home if no other work. However as most know depending on your work, duties or position they have set times and goals for each area to finish up or complete things. The pay is the pay not much more or less people. More hours more taxes. Supervisors or PT know those workers who want to milk the clock or try to make more. Your choice I’ll make my doubles and overtime and if it works out cool. If not I’m happy with benefits and Costco :)

Blue skys

Just thought I'd give you guys a little update, I did get what I wanted and as of yesterday we are doing equipment rotation, as well as CCD which didn't matter to me but everybody else wanted. Overall I think it's for the better cohesiveness of our crew... time will tell.

quad decade guy

Just thought I'd give you guys a little update, I did get what I wanted and as of yesterday we are doing equipment rotation, as well as CCD which didn't matter to me but everybody else wanted. Overall I think it's for the better cohesiveness of our crew... time will tell.

Wow. In 40 years, I've NEVER heard ANYONE mention concern for "team cohesiveness...". Would you consider you"got what you wanted" to shut you up? Truly laughable.

MattM

It’s all on the supervisors who make the daily or weekly schedules. Our old supervisor would rotate us monthly. But our new guy is lazy and for the past 5 months we’ve had the same exact jobs.
I’ve been stuck marshaling and doing the omni work, even though I’m k-loader certified. You basically WAD , unless you want to complain. All jobs have their pros and cons. Except tug driving. Those guys have it made. We have one set of brand new workers who have only driven for the past 5 months. I’m sure someone will complain soon enough.
But it also falls within where they want folks. Our inside sorting crew hasn’t been shifted Around in years. Maybe they like where they are? I’ve always liked a fair rotation where everyone gets the crappy job at least once in awhile. I’m jealous of those new tug drivers who haven’t broken a sweat in months. But what can you do?

As someone else said, they may also be lazy about certifications. Brand new guys generally go to trailers and belly work. But overall, there’s enough people qualified to make it fair for all. Von glad you made a stink. I wish someone said something at our place.

cachmeifucan

Keep us updated after the seniority employee files a grievance. Seniority rules in any and all instances. In our local. If he's been doing that job for 30 days it's a past practice in my eyes. Why should he care if you get pie

Keep us updated after the seniority employee files a grievance. Seniority rules in any and all instances. In our local. If he's been doing that job for 30 days it's a past practice in my eyes. Why should he care if you get pie
In my air hub they do rotations because that seems the most fair. Not sure who really made that up but it seemed to please everyone with low seniority. I have high seniority and they still make me switch with lower seniority people because I “already had a turn on the k loader/ccd”. The only thing that is unfair is when a lower seniority person is in a permanent position. Supposably after 6 months of doing a certain position you can’t kick them off if no grievance was filed. That’s the stupid management talking when they pick someone for the job instead of going by seniority. Ex. Forklift operator/tug driver

Blue skys

He didn't everyone's cool with it now. The rotation has been working great.