Clerk/Driver Communications

BrownArmy

In my center EC's are left on the truck, as with any other normal send agains.

Someone at night goes in with a hand-scanner and scans them all and prints new PAL labels, which is how I assume the packages get back in EDD for the next day.

Packmule

In my center EC's are left on the truck, as with any other normal send agains.

Someone at night goes in with a hand-scanner and scans them all and prints new PAL labels, which is how I assume the packages get back in EDD for the next day.
Wow that would be so much smarter. Here drivers spend so much time unloading send agains and ECs. And they are doing that usually at overtime rates.

upsgrunt

Kinda on the same lines- anybody else get messages from the OMS to the effect, "you have call tags pending- please complete by end of day"? I have so many responses I want to reply with, but I just bite my tongue.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow that would be so much smarter. Here drivers spend so much time unloading send agains and ECs. And they are doing that usually at overtime rates.
Yeah I couldn't imagine.

Hell I think we should have a button that we hit at the end of the day that just automatically would mark everything left as EC.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had an OMS who would get bored (or start happy hour early?) and would send out tons of stupid messages to all drivers who were trying work.

Packmule

Kinda on the same lines- anybody else get messages from the OMS to the effect, "you have call tags pending- please complete by end of day"? I have so many responses I want to reply with, but I just bite my tongue.
We get;
Deliver your NDA on time.
A safety message from the 5 and 10.
Do not sheet commercial NIs between 12:00 and 13:00.
Remember to sheet call tags.
Everyday.
You would think after 32 years on road I might know this stuff, but apparently not.

upsgrunt

We get;
Everyday.
You would think after 32 years on road I might know this stuff, but apparently not.

We get all that to, plus the 2 newest ones are:
at 10:15 to check to make sure we have no NDA's in pre-record and at 2:45 to let us know we have 15 minutes to get business savers off in time.

oldngray

nowhere special
We get;
Everyday.
Don't forget the weather reports from someone sitting in an office while you are outside in it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We get;
Everyday.
We had a center manager once that was big on safety. We got at least 10 safety messages a day.

After a month we had heard it all multiple times.

Packmule

I kept driving down the highway once because I figured the message was the daily safety note. When I checked it at my next stop, I'd just driven 10 miles past an on call p/u. Now I pull the board and turn it on if traveling any distance. I was peeved!