Cover Driver Short Rant

HyperBrn

I asked my steward about it again today. And his answer was "Guys have been lucky to even be offered/allowed to drive company's vehicles over there." Sounds like he believes it's one of those "It's just the way it is" kind of situations.

Thebrownblob

I asked my steward about it again today. And his answer was "Guys have been lucky to even be offered/allowed to drive company's vehicles over there." Sounds like he believes it's one of those "It's just the way it is" kind of situations.
Call your business agent

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
I've been told that I can only get reimbursed for mileage if I am "forced" onto a route for an entire week. And then my start time would be adjusted to match the satellite center's start times. So I would NOT be paid for my travel out there and back.

So in essence I would get EITHER base pay or mileage. Never both. And as it stands, mileage would result in SLIGHTLY better compensation at my current rate of pay. But either way, I would still consume the vast majority of EITHER method of compensation paying for gas.
Unfortunately for your management team, there are laws for that. Just refuse to use your pov. You have the CHOICE. man up and just say no. Make a manager drive you to the center.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
4145499egDnM1c.gif

HyperBrn

Unfortunately for your management team, there are laws for that. Just refuse to use your pov. You have the CHOICE. man up and just say no. Make a manager drive you to the center.
I was seriously considering that. But I took a different route and successfully bid an "unpopular" bid route (only one other driver, lower seniority than me, bid the route) that operates out of our main center. So, for now, I don't have to worry about driving out to our satellite center.

Now I just have to worry about safely delivering the highest quantity of packages any route our center services on a daily basis. The driver that replaced me covering the route(s) I covered at the satellite center has been resorting to carpooling with another driver. That's not a bad idea assuming you don't finish your route too much before or after the driver you're riding out with.

PPH_over_9000

The only cover driver rant that matters:

If this MFer bid the route he needs to show up to work. If he didn't want the bid route he could've signed cover and let some miserable :censored2: like myself take the BS he can't bring himself to face every morning.

I just don't understand the guys that are already RPCD/0300 that bid anything in an attempt to avoid cover, even if they hate their super-heavy industrial route. I get it when a 22.4 bids into a :censored2: route like that and then wants off everyday, but mother :censored2:er you had a CHOICE. Own up to it.

HyperBrn

The only cover driver rant that matters:

If this MFer bid the route he needs to show up to work. If he didn't want the bid route he could've signed cover and let some miserable :censored2: like myself take the BS he can't bring himself to face every morning.

I just don't understand the guys that are already RPCD/0300 that bid anything in an attempt to avoid cover, even if they hate their super-heavy industrial route. I get it when a 22.4 bids into a :censored2: route like that and then wants off everyday, but mother :censored2:er you had a CHOICE. Own up to it.
I made a choice. And I don't regret it. I might hate my life some days (especially next peak). But I will live with the consequences of my choice. That is, until I have the opportunity to make another choice.

At the time, I had the choice of bidding an open route that has elements I don't like (and some that i do) or remaining a cover driver. If I remained a cover driver, I'd be left with the likelihood that I'd be burning 20% of my income on gas until summer (when vacations get heavy) or until enough lower seniority drivers finish their progression and they take my place covering those routes.

The open route had a limited window for me to sign up for it. So I decided to accept the devil I knew (the bid route) instead of the devil I didn't know (waiting for lower seniority cover drivers to supplant me at covering the routes my center can't find a driver to bid at the satellite center).

If you disagree or dislike me for that choice, I'll lose no sleep over it.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I made a choice. And I don't regret it. I might hate my life some days (especially next peak). But I will live with the consequences of my choice. That is, until I have the opportunity to make another choice.

At the time, I had the choice of bidding an open route that has elements I don't like (and some that i do) or remaining a cover driver. If I remained a cover driver, I'd be left with the likelihood that I'd be burning 20% of my income on gas until summer (when vacations get heavy) or until enough lower seniority drivers finish their progression and they take my place covering those routes.

The open route had a limited window for me to sign up for it. So I decided to accept the devil I knew (the bid route) instead of the devil I didn't know (waiting for lower seniority cover drivers to supplant me at covering the routes my center can't find a driver to bid at the satellite center).

Way to man up. Own that :censored2:. Walk into the building everyday knowing everyone else knows you've been :censored2: on, and walk out everyday with a smile. Use the methods, be efficient, you'll figure it out and make it your own. Congrats on getting your own route.

PPH_over_9000

100% fair, and I don't hate you or disagree with you for that one. Well-thought and well-put.