Clerk work being outsourced/subcontracted?

Wiconi

I’m a clerk in a small midwestern center. Maybe 40 routes in the building. 80% rural, 20% city, by area.
recently a friend who is TSG said they thought all addresses corrections were going to be outsourced…..done overnight, off-site, she thought in Pune, India….where they sent most of our TSG work, and call center (where the 800PICK-UPS is answered) work.

Has anyone else heard anything?

since last year, when they gave us ERA, instead of UDC, E2DC, the whole address. Correction thing has been slowly going off the rails. ERA is supposed to be “smart” but it’s not. And a lot of my address corrections are done when I get to work. When I asked, I was told that it was “automated”.

Please reply if you’ve heard some thing else.
Wiconi

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I’m a clerk in a small midwestern center. Maybe 40 routes in the building. 80% rural, 20% city, by area.
recently a friend who is TSG said they thought all addresses corrections were going to be outsourced…..done overnight, off-site, she thought in Pune, India….where they sent most of our TSG work, and call center (where the 800PICK-UPS is answered) work.

since last year, when they gave us ERA, instead of UDC, E2DC, the whole address. Correction thing has been slowly going off the rails. ERA is supposed to be “smart” but it’s not. And a lot of my address corrections are done when I get to work. When I asked, I was told that it was “automated”.

Wiconi
We are a small center as well, 20 to 30 routes depending on the volume. Driver sort and load.
When our last clerk retired, they trained me in. So I come in 15 min early and do corrections. The last two weeks have gone from 100 or so a morning to 30 roughly.
I have been curious as to why.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We are a small center as well, 20 to 30 routes depending on the volume. Driver sort and load.
When our last clerk retired, they trained me in. So I come in 15 min early and do corrections. The last two weeks have gone from 100 or so a morning to 30 roughly.
I have been curious as to why.
You did 100 corrections in 15 minutes? Tu Salud!

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
You did 100 corrections in 15 minutes? Tu Salud!
They're just in the UDC data correction system. Address that don't stick, or select suite #, etc. I probably only physically handle 5 to 10, the rest are

Wiconi
Also, ERA is terrible.

Brownwind

Wiconi
22.3 or d-cap preloaders are using the same program for address corrections. It’s an easy job that anyone with google or fast people search can do.
If you’re a clerk don’t be surprised when they cut your position. Become familiar with how package works. That’s what your future is.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Wiconi

It is called pre-processing, I do not know if they did or plan to do the same kind of subcontracting with my old building. The Customer Counter 22.2 or full time Clerk processed those address corrections before the Counter opened.

Writing is on the wall..the Company is getting rid of all our much easier inside work and slowly grind you up with package work.

The long term plan is to destroy your body before you are eligible for any decent retirement or healthcare benefits, the Union Corporate Board knows it and will not do anything as long as they are getting those Pension and Health and Welfare Payments from Corporate.

Every Clerical position part time and full time has been targeted over the past 25 years, they have been absorbed into the 22.3 and 22.2's. The Company has already eliminated their Non-Union Clerical departments and have transferred their work overseas...Signs of the Times.

Bottom line ... have your Business Agent help you file a Grievance and will shall see how far that goes...

Cheesypurpletees

Wiconi
I’m a driver in a small center and our clerk and counter was closed, and a nearby center recently eliminated those positions as well. The clerk in the nearby center ended up taking a bid route.

Brownwind

Seriously. Clerks have the best job and can be replaced by a staples employee. It’s unfortunate but your useless job is being replaced by the person you have been making fun of.
We have one clerk locally who is the child of a buddy of ours. We literally coddled because we like the way we got our tea brewed (personally I like coffee) useless position Carol should personally kick to the curb.

C’mon. It’s a waste of space even having the desk.

RFraz

Hey everyone,
What does UDC stand for? I used to be a clerk back in 2017 in PA hubs. I can not remember what it stands for. In advance, thank you!