climate catastrophe

vantexan

i don thtink so because we were talking about your contributions to society, if any, and thats what you said
Nope, but interesting that you can remember something said from years ago but can't tell us anything after making assertions you can't back up.

Box Ox

When did I ever say that?
@Box Ox bc archivalist can dig it up but u def said that a few years ago

I wouldn’t feel comfortable with filling a search request for a subject of the new King of Canada.

IMG_2271.jpeg

rickyb

I don't think they want it this way.

this is the right wing and oil mecca of canada too

the oil capital of canada had a major fire a few years ago, the irony not lost on many of us

right wing cities need bad climate events because they need to get the message

vantexan

the oil capital of canada had a major fire a few years ago, the irony not lost on many of us

So when they had bad wildfires a century ago it was climate change too?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

This sounds like circus clown level propaganda

vantexan

whats the frequency and size?
There were monster wildfires in Minnesota for example in the 1800's. Plus a lot of wildfires in California are super intense because it became state policy to extinguish fires as quickly as possible and not allow firewood gathering. Thus huge amounts of fuel built up exacerbating the fire intensity. Fires happen from lightning strikes, not from climate change.

rickyb

There were monster wildfires in Minnesota for example in the 1800's. Plus a lot of wildfires in California are super intense because it became state policy to extinguish fires as quickly as possible and not allow firewood gathering. Thus huge amounts of fuel built up exacerbating the fire intensity. Fires happen from lightning strikes, not from climate change.
frequency and size!

vantexan

frequency and size!
There were multiple fires in 1871 in the Midwest. One, the Peshtigo fire, burned 1.5 million acres and killed as many as 2400 people although exact numbers are unknown because people may have perished who weren't accounted for. This is easy research on Wikipedia. Climate Change advocates act like every extreme event is something new but this has been going on forever.

rickyb

There were multiple fires in 1871 in the Midwest. One, the Peshtigo fire, burned 1.5 million acres and killed as many as 2400 people although exact numbers are unknown because people may have perished who weren't accounted for. This is easy research on Wikipedia. Climate Change advocates act like every extreme event is something new but this has been going on forever.
no i want to see years and how many and how much fire per year

vantexan

no i want to see years and how many and how much fire per year
Then you look them up. Go state by state. Wildfires in Michigan. Wildfires in Minnesota. Etc. These are numbers that are out there. Wildfires need a catalyst. In nature that's usually lightning. And during dry years wildfires are more likely. Rarely a problem in wet years. It doesn't get so hot that things spontaneously combust.

You know that big drought in the Southwest that is being blamed on climate change? Huge amount of snowfall this year and reservoirs are filling up with snow melt. Texas has seen numerous droughts in its history.

One thing that you climate change believers always brush aside. If the U.S. does everything perfectly it won't make a bit of difference because the rest of the world won't. It's impossible to do everything perfectly but you would destroy the U.S. economy trying. Not because you believe it'll make a difference but because you hate the U.S. and want it to suffer.