Close calls- working on ice-Ice road truckers

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We had two accidents yesterday. Is everyone else as sick of this as I am? I know Mass and NYC has to fight piles, this year just is awful.

It is so brutal every step you take, every move you make, the ice is haunting you. I was totally stopped, I thought, yet my steering wheel kept spinning, Ice truck is still moving. Through the grace of God I made it, today I finished 20 yrs of safe driving but its been a tough one. I usually take this week off, just to keep from jinxing myself.

Besides, neutral, lowering the gear, or just not attempting the stop, what do you do to keep out of trouble?

We had two accidents yesterday. Is everyone else as sick of this as I am? I know Mass and NYC has to fight piles, this year just is awful.

It is so brutal every step you take, every move you make, the ice is haunting you. I was totally stopped, I thought, yet my steering wheel kept spinning, Ice truck is still moving. Through the grace of God I made it, today I finished 20 yrs of safe driving but its been a tough one. I usually take this week off, just to keep from jinxing myself.

Besides, neutral, lowering the gear, or just not attempting the stop, what do you do to keep out of trouble?
Pray. And stay focused. Gets a little nerve racking, real fast.

andrsnbkj

Good tip when going down hill on ice control the speed with light on the brake and throw the truck in reverse when starting to lose control a little bit saves my ass

rod

Retired 22 years
If you don't get safe driving prizes anymore why would you care if you got into a little fender bender every once in awhile?