Co Worker needs help.

Co Worker has a S.Abuse issue, would you point them towards the Union or HR for help? I think the union but I also don't have full trust in my union reps. I know the person wants help but they also can't afford to miss work. Any suggestions?

Superteeth2478

Co Worker has a S.Abuse issue, would you point them towards the Union or HR for help? I think the union but I also don't have full trust in my union reps. I know the person wants help but they also can't afford to miss work. Any suggestions?
I'm fairly certain there's a general employee help line through United Way, but I don't know the number. I'm almost certain HR should have it, though.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
From Upsers site

Solutions, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and work/life benefit, provides practical information, advice, and support for a wide range of work/life issues such as:

• Anxiety or depression
  • Child or senior care
  • Relationship or marital issues
  • Alcohol or substance abuse
  • Bereavement
  • Parental challenges
  • Financial or legal concerns
  • Finding colleges
Solutions offers confidential access to trained professionals 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and is administered by Beacon Health Options. There is no cost to employees for this benefit.

To find a mental health or substance abuse provider, call Solutions at 1-800-336-9117..

If they are serious about seeking help they shouldn't worry about missing work.
Best of luck to them

Snack

One of my coworkers called the number seeking help for substance abuse and was on a plane to a rehab center in Florida that afternoon.

One of my coworkers called the number seeking help for substance abuse and was on a plane to a rehab center in Florida that afternoon.

What was the response when they got back to work? I've heard bad things like harassment when they got back, always being checked on by security, 2nd guessed every step of the rebuilding process. For example, if they called in, were they really sick or just hung over or dope sick.

Snack

What was the response when they got back to work? I've heard bad things like harassment when they got back, always being checked on by security, 2nd guessed every step of the rebuilding process. For example, if they called in, were they really sick or just hung over or dope sick.

He only recently returned, so I don’t have any answers for you. I know he was required to work in the building instead of driving until he attended a certain number of meetings.