Coffee

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have tried a half a dozen times in my life to develope a taste for coffee. Yech-never could stand it. The last time I tried was when I retired. I told myself then that I had to learn to like it so I could join the other retirees at the coffee shop. Never happened--I still hate it. I still meet the other retirees but I will have a diet coke or just water. I hate tea also. The liquids in my life are limited to water, orange juice, diet coke, beer or whiskey diet coke. Every once in awhile I will have a Red Bull.

Sounds like my wife ... she does not like to drink anything hot.

She makes me brew coffee out on the porch when we stay at our place in the mountains.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds like my wife ... she does not like to drink anything hot.

She makes me brew coffee out on the porch when we stay at our place in the mountains.

I actually like the smell of coffee brewing-----I wished it taste as good as it smells.

brown bomber

brown bomber
cut way back on coffee, since retirement..........my daughters usually make a pot occasionally...........I used to drink 4-6 cups a day.........now I drink 4-6 cups a week

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont smoke. I dont drink. I dont use drugs. But if you ever even try to take my coffee away from me...I will reach down your throat, pull your spine out, and beat you to death with it.

I'm much happier in the mornings after I get my coffee.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I buy those little "5 hr energy" shots by the case at Costco, and keep the case under my bed so that before I fall asleep I can have one sitting on the nightstand and ready to go when the alarm goes off. I dont even think about getting out of bed until I have slammed one of those bad boys down. They give me just enough strength to get my ass downstairs to the coffee pot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I buy those little "5 hr energy" shots by the case at Costco, and keep the case under my bed so that before I fall asleep I can have one sitting on the nightstand and ready to go when the alarm goes off. I dont even think about getting out of bed until I have slammed one of those bad boys down. They give me just enough strength to get my ass downstairs to the coffee pot.

Seriously?? Do you have any idea how unhealthy those things are?

moreluck

golden ticket member
you-need-coffee.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I lived down in Panama for a couple years during high school and we would get Sello Dorado coffee fresh from Colombia, when you opened a bag of it the whole house would be permeated with a wonderful coffee smell. Delicioso!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I would have a hard time giving up coffee. We have a kuerig machine. The k-kups are expensive, but a lot more affordable than going to dunkins or Starbucks

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I would have a hard time giving up coffee. We have a kuerig machine. The k-kups are expensive, but a lot more affordable than going to dunkins or Starbucks
Buy from Bed Bath and Beyond with 20% off coupons ( they even honor expired coupons) Wolfgang Puck's Jamican-me-crazy with Bailey's creamer good stuff.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Ya know, I did try the adapter, it leaked like crazy, so I returned it. I'll have to try another.
I buy newmans for about $30/case. Lasts us a couple weeks. Thats so much less than what we spent pre-kuerig.

texan

I buy the good beans at the store, grind them myself, and make my coffee with a French press. MMMMM!
Nothing like fresh beans brewing/ recently grounded.

I makes me think of living in those parts of world that have FRESH beans.

Columbia, Jamaican Blue mountains, Hawaii, etc