Combo job progression. 2 or 3 years?

Nitelite

Greetings

Bids are almost done for the full time 125 and 22.3s in my hub. After that, open 22.3 jobs will be posted between now and April. My question is about progression. Previously, it was 2 years, under new contract, it is 3. I thought I had read last year that if you got one before August 2008, you would be grandfathered in the 2 years, but not I am reading people say that the contract is fully in effect except for the raises, which would mean 3 year progression. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks!

Overpaid Union Thug

Well, not sure about 22.3 jobs but for new full-time drivers any hired before Aug. 1 of this year is still under the 2.5 progression. After Aug. 1 new full-time drivers will progress 3 years.

Nitelite

Thank you. If progression is still 2.5 for drivers until August, then it is still 2 years for 22.3 until August as well.

brett636

Combo progession stays at 2 years. Although the point is moot because this contract has no provisions to create any new combo jobs.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Bottom line:

Started progression after the date of the ratification of the contract (date?) language in a full-time position:

FT package car: 3 years
Inside only combo: 3 years
Inside/outside combo: 2 years

Began progression prior to the date of the ratification of the contract language in a full-time position

FT package car: 2.5 years
Inside only combo: 2 years

J

JonFrum

Bottom line:

Started progression after the date of the ratification of the contract (date?) language in a full-time position:

Began progression prior to the date of the ratification of the contract language in a full-time position

Bottom line:

Started progression after August 1, 2008:

Inside/outside combo: Inside portion - no progression. Outside Air Driving portion: 2 years.

Began progression prior to August 1, 2008:

Inside/outside combo: Inside portion - no progression. Outside Air Driving portion: 2 years.

As usual on BrownCafe, the more people you ask, the more different answers you get!

See Article 40, Section b and friend
and
Article 41, Section 2c and 3 here . . .
http://www.teamster.org/divisions/parcel/2008UPSagreementandsupplements.htm
http://tdu.org/node/1617

[The Master Contract and all Supplements were ratified and in full force on Dec. 19, 2007.]

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Jon,

Obviously there's no inside-hour progression, it's a part-time rate! The only progression is the full-time air.

Can you please link us to where it says that the cutoff for the new contract language/progression length is August?

"National Master United Parcel Service Agreement
For the Period:
December , 2007 through July 31, 2013"

That's what my eyes read.

J

JonFrum

Jon,

Can you please link us to where it says that the cutoff for the new contract language/progression length is August?

I did. Follow these links to the National Master . . .
See Article 40, Section b and friend
and
Article 41, Section 2c and 3 here . . .
http://www.teamster.org/divisions/parcel/2008UPSagreementandsupplements.htm
http://tdu.org/node/1617

[These links have formatting that can't easily be copied, so you'll have to read them in the original, which isn't such a bad idea in the first place.]

Overpaid Union Thug

Basically what we are saying is.....anyone still waiting on a full-time job needs to pray that they are hired before August 1 of this year. I looked this up when I went full-time. It's crystal clear in the contract. Of course I had to use the mail out of the proposed changes since I don't have a copy of the new contract yet.

HazMatMan

Combo progession stays at 2 years. Although the point is moot because this contract has no provisions to create any new combo jobs.
Question. If someone quits, retires, gets fired, etc. from a 22.3 job, will UPS still have to fill that position?? correct?? or no??