Comments on Carol Tome's Opening Remarks as New CEO

Fenris

From where did you get this quote to paraphrase?
She has a video on the UPSers site. The paraphrase is simplified but accurate. On other calls she has stated similar. Be agile, focus on what is important & customer based and simplify. She has stressed too much time and effort wasted on non value added tasks and reports.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
She has a video on the UPSers site. The paraphrase is simplified but accurate. On other calls she has stated similar. Be agile, focus on what is important & customer based and simplify.
She has stressed too much time and effort wasted on non value added tasks and reports.
Thanks ... I'll look for it.

That was my message for my last 30 years at UPS ... I conflicted with many of my management in the district, region and corporate.
I was selected to be on several teams and projects to reengineer existing processes and internal looking reports and processes.
This does my heart good!

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Hopefully, her policies will result in more flexibility and empowerment at the local level.
Top down control in a company as large as UPS does not work any better than top down control by the USA National Government!
giphy-187.gif

Most of these center managers couldn't run a lemonade stand now.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Stock is down -$0.43 on Carol's first day. I personally believe she should be under the same standards as a driver in his/her(haha), probation period. By day 27.... stock must rise 3-trading days in a row. Anything less and Carol gets DQ'd.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Does this translate into not being over budget on uniforms and actually getting us uniforms in any way shape or form? If not welcome to the team lady just don't dick with my paycheck and we will be fine.

Overpaid Union Thug

And the country as a whole. Good news there is an election coming up and a chance to change the direction of our country. I see a brighter future with new leadership at the helm.
The current administration was doing great. The liberal media and it’s army of ignoramuses that riot while TikToking and the Chinese spreading their gunk took a huge bite out of the economy.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Day one="Angry"

That doesn't sound good...

US 06/01/20

Atlanta, GA

In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, UPSers have come together to serve our customers, our communities and each other. Your efforts shine a light on the best parts of humanity. Tenacity, teamwork and kindness. For that I am thankful and so very proud of you.

Sadly, recent incidents in Brunswick, Georgia, Minneapolis, Louisville and New York City, and the resulting social unrest across America confront us with a different reality. A reality that reveals the worst in humanity. A reality that hate lies just below the surface and discrimination, fear and violence can happen anywhere. It has affected me deeply. I’m sad, I’m angry and I’m ashamed as I see people treat others with contempt and hate.

So I turn to our values … the values established by Jim Casey 113 years ago. I’ll call out three that seem particularly relevant today:

• Integrity. It is the core of who we are and all we do.
  • Safety. The well-being of our people, business partners and public is of utmost importance.
  • Sustainability. A commitment to social responsibility.
I’m turning my anger to action by living our values. Not just talking the talk, but walking the talk. Please join me. By living our values UPSers will continue to shine a light and be a beacon of hope for others.

Thank you.

CT%20sig%204.jpg

Carol B. Tomé

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Day one="Angry"

That doesn't sound good...

US 06/01/20

Atlanta, GA

In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, UPSers have come together to serve our customers, our communities and each other. Your efforts shine a light on the best parts of humanity. Tenacity, teamwork and kindness. For that I am thankful and so very proud of you.

Sadly, recent incidents in Brunswick, Georgia, Minneapolis, Louisville and New York City, and the resulting social unrest across America confront us with a different reality. A reality that reveals the worst in humanity. A reality that hate lies just below the surface and discrimination, fear and violence can happen anywhere. It has affected me deeply. I’m sad, I’m angry and I’m ashamed as I see people treat others with contempt and hate.

So I turn to our values … the values established by Jim Casey 113 years ago. I’ll call out three that seem particularly relevant today:

• Integrity. It is the core of who we are and all we do.
  • Safety. The well-being of our people, business partners and public is of utmost importance.
  • Sustainability. A commitment to social responsibility.
I’m turning my anger to action by living our values. Not just talking the talk, but walking the talk. Please join me. By living our values UPSers will continue to shine a light and be a beacon of hope for others.

Thank you.

CT%20sig%204.jpg

Carol B. Tomé
SMH...

It used to be celebrities that would pop off giving the world their worthless opinion. Now it's companies, and CEOs.

We don't need to have an opinion on any of that stuff.
We deliver packages. Let's have our executives talk about that.

rod

Retired 22 years
And the country as a whole. Good news there is an election coming up and a chance to change the direction of our country. I see a brighter future with new leadership at the helm.
NOT with the leadership that the Dems have offered up. Nothing but a bunch of losers.