How the New CEO Freed the Flow at UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
How the New CEO Freed the Flow at UPS - Linked In

Shortly after Carol Tomé took over as CEO of UPS in early 2020, she made a troubling discovery.

After serving on the UPS board for 17 years, she assumed she already knew everything she needed to know about the shipping giant. But just like your neighbor can look fit and healthy right up until the day you hear the ambulance race down your street, Tome couldn’t believe that only (51%) of the company’s 543,000 employees would tell a friend that Big Brown is a good place to work.

“That meant 49% of our people would not recommend us…my hair was, like, on fire!” Tomé told Fortune.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
How the New CEO Freed the Flow at UPS - Linked In

Shortly after Carol Tomé took over as CEO of UPS in early 2020, she made a troubling discovery.

After serving on the UPS board for 17 years, she assumed she already knew everything she needed to know about the shipping giant. But just like your neighbor can look fit and healthy right up until the day you hear the ambulance race down your street, Tome couldn’t believe that only (51%) of the company’s 543,000 employees would tell a friend that Big Brown is a good place to work.

“That meant 49% of our people would not recommend us…my hair was, like, on fire!” Tomé told Fortune.

There is so much to this article that I have to take a minute and ponder... on second thought ...nope, better leave it alone...😳

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There is so much to this article that I have to take a minute and ponder... on second thought ...nope, better leave it alone...😳
So people want to work here now because they can have tattoos and afros??? The article didn’t even touch the real reasons why employees wouldn’t recommend this place to a friend or family member.. nice try.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
So people want to work here now because they can have tattoos and afros??? The article didn’t even touch the real reasons why employees wouldn’t recommend this place to a friend or family member.. nice try.
Not to mention when was the last survey?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Not to mention when was the last survey?

I believe it was roughly 8 years ago..🤔

I remember one about 25 years ago ... it turned out that a manager did the survey for our work group all by himself...saved us the bother...😃

Pretty sure it made his bosses happy...