Comming off of vacation and getting moved from spot ?

Mdet

Hi I am on vacation until Monday and my question is are they allowed to move me from my spot cause I was on vacation for 2 weeks. I have 11 years in my building and I am the union steward as well. Should I talk to the head of operations about it at all.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi I am on vacation until Monday and my question is are they allowed to move me from my spot cause I was on vacation for 2 weeks. I have 11 years in my building and I am the union steward as well. Should I talk to the head of operations about it at all.

seems like something a union steward might have some knowledge about

22.34life

If they are doing this to u as the shop steward perhaps u should rethink the nature of ur relationship with company.

542thruNthru

They moved you from what spot to where?

Mdet

I am at the end of the belt in my building to a different spot and I have more seniority then this guy has.

542thruNthru

I am at the end of the belt in my building to a different spot and I have more seniority then this guy has.
Well unless your supp says different or you have a past practice of using seniority to select specific areas i don't see what you can grieve.
sketch-1596310780721.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Do a horse :poop: job at your new position. Maybe they will put you back to where you want to be. Either that or kick however reassigned you in the nuts.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
You've been on vaca for two weeks...

How do you know they plan on moving you?

Tell me you didn't spend your vacation worrying about something you seem to clearly already know the outcome of.

tenor.gif

Mdet

Do a horse :poop: job at your new position. Maybe they will put you back to where you want to be. Either that or kick however reassigned you in the nuts.
Hey lol I have done every job in the building. I don’t plan on being a driver. We got new supervisors so they are clueless and I might want to warn them if they work I got a lot of paper work will be on them coming there way. I don’t like to file on supervisors but if they work a lot I will be happy to do it. I have been the union steward 10 years in my building.

Mdet

You've been on vaca for two weeks...

How do you know they plan on moving you?

Tell me you didn't spend your vacation worrying about something you seem to clearly already know the outcome of.

tenor.gif
Hey no I found out on Friday that they were moving me to a different spot. I load my address in my trucks cause I know every route in the building and drivers like my loads. This guy who has been in my spot doesn’t know how to load right

Boston25

Hey lol I have done every job in the building. I don’t plan on being a driver. We got new supervisors so they are clueless and I might want to warn them if they work I got a lot of paper work will be on them coming there way. I don’t like to file on supervisors but if they work a lot I will be happy to do it. I have been the union steward 10 years in my building.
As a pt employee you work as directed and I’m not not trying to break your chops but why do you not like to grieve sups working? The job of the steward is to enforce the contract.

Mdet

I like to enforce rules and we have driver supervisor who likes to work a lot and then harass my pt coworkers he has gotten into trouble before and I have told him to stop a few times

Mdet

I like to help everyone in the building I have perfect attendance and have never missed a day I have gotten awards for it. My role is that u show up to work everyday and do your job then u have no problems. Our supervisors like to work when we are full staff so I have to tell them please stop a few times.

I like to help everyone in the building I have perfect attendance and have never missed a day I have gotten awards for it. My role is that u show up to work everyday and do your job then u have no problems. Our supervisors like to work when we are full staff so I have to tell them please stop a few times.
Just like 542 showed you, you do not have a right to a specific spot on the belt or a certain set of cars to load. Some stewards think they can use their position to make their job easier or collect favors from management. Don't be that steward.

Mdet

Just like 542 showed you, you do not have a right to a specific spot on the belt or a certain set of cars to load. Some stewards think they can use their position to make their job easier or collect favors from management. Don't be that steward.
Yes I have seen that. My other steward is that way and it is hard cause I have to do all the work and he likes to be with management side . So a lot of people use me as there person to deal with problems. I have fixed a lot of issues in our building.