Complaint against manager

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Good question!
88C78AD6-E0D8-40F4-ADD4-BB9ED725D3D2.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
Who do I call to or what do I do to file a complaint against a manager? I don’t trust my union rep because he works with management
@Bowzer T,

I believe this is a personal decision that one must make while considering all the options and the subsequent consequences that may result from taking any action.

I will not tell you what to do but I will share with you my general approach.

I have found that strictly following the accepted chain of command is the best way to go. It is difficult but it has paid dividends for me. When possible it has always helped me when involving Corporate or outside agencies and is also critical when involving Union Officials higher than my Shop Steward.

I was the Shop Steward so I just kept my alternate in the loop the entire time as I tried to deal with difficult issues.

I felt it was always important to have my alternate present during any conversations when dealing with the initial confrontations about my complaint because that is usually when retaliation and harassment will start.

I found documenting everything said is important. The fluff is not important. I simply wrote down what I said exactly as I said it. And in like manner I wrote down exactly what others said, exactly.

Individuals seemed to want to speed through these meetings but I took my time and everyone knew I was writing down everything they said word for word. This practice serves me well for my entire career so far.

Do you trust your Shop Steward?

Last edited:

BigRedDawg

Who do I call to or what do I do to file a complaint against a manager? I don’t trust my union rep because he works with management
Call the UPS Ethics Hotline 1 (800) 220-4126. Just be aware that they will notify your union rep first to discuss your concerns with them. It’s good to notify a union rep you trust the most about these problems tho. Be careful calling the hotline because you will become a target

trickpony1

Call the UPS Ethics Hotline 1 (800) 220-4126. Just be aware that they will notify your union rep first to discuss your concerns with them. It’s good to notify a union rep you trust the most about these problems tho. Be careful calling the hotline because you will become a target
....not gonna happen.