Should Union stewards be voted in?

• Total voters

policygrunt

I have been working at this job for many years, and I have never experienced such disrespect from a union steward as I did today. It is disheartening to see a member of the brotherhood use intimidation tactics to try to force a fellow member to step down. Being confronted and yelled at by a steward is completely unacceptable and goes against the principles of solidarity and unity that should define our union.

If you ever find yourself in a situation like this, do not hesitate to contact your union hall and file a complaint. Stewards should be held accountable for their actions, and there should be a voting system in place to ensure that individuals in these positions uphold the values of the union.

Let's stand together and demand better from our representatives.

Brownwind

I have been working at this job for many years, and I have never experienced such disrespect from a union steward as I did today. It is disheartening to see a member of the brotherhood use intimidation tactics to try to force a fellow member to step down. Being confronted and yelled at by a steward is completely unacceptable and goes against the principles of solidarity and unity that should define our union.

If you ever find yourself in a situation like this, do not hesitate to contact your union hall and file a complaint. Stewards should be held accountable for their actions, and there should be a voting system in place to ensure that individuals in these positions uphold the values of the union.

First thing…. We need to know what exactly happened. (Very vague post)
Next thing… we’re all decades old teamsters and appreciate your post. We all have bad days. Is this a misunderstanding. Can you overlook it

Vote him out
And tell him to go eff himself

Thebrownblob

Depending on the bylaws of your local, they’re may be a way to vote them out. if they are appointed, I would be contacting your local and talking to the principal officer.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sounds like a pain in the ass
I’m all for it if the specific work group has a problem and has a majority of members complaining about a Steward. But it takes years to accumulate information and knowledge to be a good steward. Too much gets blamed on a steward at UPS. It should never become a popularity contest that workers would campaign for year after year.

Thebrownblob

I’m all for it if the specific work group has a problem and has a majority of members complaining about a Steward. But it takes years to accumulate information and knowledge to be a good steward. Too much gets blamed on a steward at UPS. It should never become a popularity contest that workers would campaign for year after year.
In these jobs replacing the knowledge gained by actually doing the job year after year is really irreplaceable

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Spoken like the company suck up that you are

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Let’s get the story now Francis. What did he not do for you?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
betty-la-fea-que-skhyf43vs3b0j2j1.gif