Confused with insurance, union, and UPS.

brownstreak86

Why is there such a disconnection between UPS and the Union? I have worked for UPS for 3 months as a driver and was a seasonal worker 8 peaks before this. I had to fight to get any information about insurance, and finally got my cards in the mail from the union. Now I am trying to login to BCBS to see what my benefits entail, but I can't find the right place to login.
I am so confused why there is such a disconnection between UPS and the Union. Why did I never get a new hire packet? It seems like UPS would want to attract good candidates and give them information up front about what they offer, I haven't seen any of that. I am really annoyed as this is the reason I am with UPS right now. I'm only working 2-3 days a week, but I am on call 5 days a week. Why can't I get information about what benefits this company has to offer?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
If I haveto work 40 years in this place I would look like this
image.jpeg

Nike

I've been saying this since i started working at my hub, virtually nobody knows anything, timeoff, insurance, etc. Mostly because we dont have hr reps worth a damn, they rarely work in the hubs and if they do its 9-5 so you wont see them. Op i'll provide some real advice.
Talk to your union steward and from there your business agent. They should have some info