Confusion at Big Brown: contract rejected, but union says it's ratified; UPS appears mystified

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Confusion at Big Brown: contract rejected, but union says it's ratified; UPS appears mystified - Freight Waves

The Teamsters have voted against the UPS contract agreement for the Small Package division, but the union says the contract is ratified anyway.

That appeared to be news to UPS.

While that fate of that larger contract may be somewhat in question, one thing that is clear is that the tentative contract agreement covering the UPS Freight division, much smaller than the Small Package sector, was defeated by the Teamsters.

According to a statement issued by the Teamsters, the contract--agreed to in July to replace the five-year agreement that expired July 31--was rejected 50,248-42,356. That seems like a clear defeat.

rod

Retired 22 years
Confusion at Big Brown: contract rejected, but union says it's ratified; UPS appears mystified - Freight Waves

The Teamsters have voted against the UPS contract agreement for the Small Package division, but the union says the contract is ratified anyway.

That appeared to be news to UPS.

While that fate of that larger contract may be somewhat in question, one thing that is clear is that the tentative contract agreement covering the UPS Freight division, much smaller than the Small Package sector, was defeated by the Teamsters.

According to a statement issued by the Teamsters, the contract--agreed to in July to replace the five-year agreement that expired July 31--was rejected 50,248-42,356. That seems like a clear defeat.

First the Presidential election and now the contract vote. I think Millennial Math is goofy.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
2 out of 3 ain't bad.

The IBT did not stab us in the back. The contract was imposed because of 1, and 3 was the result.

We stabbed ourselves in the back.

They can't wait running their mouth about the constitution... 2/3...an hour later or so. That information should be more useful before voting, not after. Well, I forgot we didn't do our homework. We are the one to blame also, double fault. Let me have a drink, for our double stupidity.:beersmiley:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They can't wait running their mouth about the constitution... 2/3...an hour later or so. That information should be more useful before voting, not after. Well, I forgot we didn't do our homework. We are the one to blame also, double fault. Let me have a drink, for our double stupidity.:beersmiley:

I do agree that the Teamsters did not make it public about the 2/3 if less than half voted. So I change my mind about the possibility that we may have been screwed by the Teamsters.

Who would think to check the IBT Constitution before voting.....well, @Bubblehead did, and spread the word about it.

I'm on my 3rd right now.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
I do agree that the Teamsters did not make it public about the 2/3 if less than half voted. So I change my mind about the possibility that we may have been screwed by the Teamsters.

Who would think to check the IBT Constitution before voting.....well, @Bubblehead did, and spread the word about it.

I'm on my 3rd right now.

No one check. Only now we are all fussing. Im going to have another drink, excuse me please..:beersmiley:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Like ups didn’t know what was going on...??? sure thing....they are made out in the article to be the innocent party, the ones who were clueless as of what was going on....lol... get the friend out!!