Confusion regarding Seasonal driver/preload pay.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Oh FFS, go find a steward. Preferably a driver steward who has been around a while.

Asking a bunch of people who don't know how your center operates will get you nowhere fast.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Ok, and just to clarify, I am not qualified strictly because I havent driven with an in car supervisor? If I had, and they asked me to preload, I would be making driver pay like the other seasonal driver.. correct?

Read. The. Post. Above!

user0001

Oh FFS, go find a steward. Preferably a driver steward who has been around a while.

Asking a bunch of people who don't know how your center operates will get you nowhere fast.
well atleast i know to find a steward now, so i guess it helped out a little. whats a steward

Ok, and just to clarify, I am not qualified strictly because I havent driven with an in car supervisor? If I had, and they asked me to preload, I would be making driver pay like the other seasonal driver.. correct?
If you do both jobs on the same day,yes.
If you just come into preload, no.

Atleast that's how it works here for the part timers.

Box Ox

the other seasonal driver thats working preload is getting paid as a driver while preloading and im getting preload pay

Never heard of a seasonal driver getting driver pay for preload. Only bottom seniority full timers that have to punch in on a board to preload.

Everything is unreasonably unclear. I was told in class, and signed a document stating that I am now making seasonal driver wage.

When you're actually driving.

user0001

Never heard of a seasonal driver getting driver pay for preload. Only bottom seniority full timers that have to punch in on a board to preload.

When you're actually driving.
well thats where my confusion came from is that the other seasonal driver that helps preload is getting driver pay on preload. but i guess i understand now

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So i have been a preloader for about a year, and i just went to driving school for seasonal driver last week. passed it and everything but now my center has told me that they cant train me for two weeks(its almost the end of the season anyways so i think theyre saying that until two weeks is up and then say they just cant train me yet) They told me this on monday morning when they called me in less than an hour before preload started(i would have gone to bed alot earlier). this was after telling me on friday to call in on monday to see if ill be training as a driver. so they need me back on preload which is fine. but the other seasonal driver thats working preload is getting paid as a driver while preloading and im getting preload pay, which does not seem right. im not worried about his pay, i just feel like im being jerked around(they also kept postponing the date for which i was supposed to be going to school) which is very frustrating seeing as i have given 100% hard work to this company so far and i have bills to pay(new glasses for driving) which i cannot afford on preload pay. id get a second job exept that i am always being told that ill be driving next week but that keeps changing... i need to do something otherwise ill be searching for a new job soon. cant live off preload pay
You've been here a year. You have vision insurance....why would a new pair of driving glasses set you back so much?