Congratulations Operational Needs

over9five

Staff member
That was the plan! If it’s this bad now I can only imagine how bad Pean will be. Thanks!
Our retirements are set up to work best if you work into January. (In other words, to make you work one last Peak).
We get all our sick days, vacations, etc for the whole year if we work one day into that year.

Our retirements are set up to work best if you work into January. (In other words, to make you work one last Peak).
We get all our sick days, vacations, etc for the whole year if we work one day into that year.
If we work until October we get paid all over vacations if we retire before that we get prorated on them.
The only incentive to make you stay after peak is to get your sick and personal days

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
54208d5fc132a_107100b.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not ours. My manager was awesome. Even though I only gave him two weeks notice he let me use all my sick days, personals and floating holidays during those two weeks. I will be paid out for my vacation days. He said that I deserved to be able to use them after working there so long, and that I earned them.

falcon back

Not ours. My manager was awesome. Even though I only gave him two weeks notice he let me use all my sick days, personals and floating holidays during those two weeks. I will be paid out for my vacation days. He said that I deserved to be able to use them after working there so long, and that I earned them.
Also get paid for vacation earned toward fiscal 2022. It's about 14 hrs per month that you worked.

upschuck

Congrats Op. How can you have so many years in and be so young?

whenIgetthere

I gave my manager 30 days notice two weeks ago. I scheduled all my time off during June-Sept, for FY21, knowing I'd be done.

vantexan

My birthday is January 2nd. If I wanted to work until 55 to get the few benefits a retiree gets, namely the travel and shipping discounts, had to work that one last Peak. Would get the pension no matter what.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Well I haven't been on here in ages. I just dropped by to see if this is the same old happy happy place and I see that some things never change, but I wanted to congratulate Operational Needs on her well-deserved exit.
I left last May after wasting nearly 40 years at the FedEx dump and my only regret is not having done so sooner.
Hope everyone is well.
Take my advice - get out, any.way.you.can. Hanging up 'Heroes Work Here' signs and continually tossing cheap-ass (and I do mean cheap) little trinkets at you while continuing to lag behind practically the entire world in compensation should tell you something - FedEx doesn't give a ratsass about you other than what they can get for how little they can get by without giving.
For the first time since the early 1980s I'm actually going to enjoy this holiday season.
Stay well my friends, and a long, happy, healthy retirement to Ms. Needs.